Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Flat Head Cafe Racer Fit Opinions

BobJ

Practically Family
Oh... Well, figured it's not something as simple as just putting wax but I like my jackets shiny and was hoping that perhaps that'd be all it takes. XD

Good shoe wax, well buffed, would produce that effect. Shoe cream gives a more matte finish, but you can definitely get whatever degree of shine with good shoe wax - like Kiwi. Also, you can use different colors than the leather and get some depth and layering. I've created some beautiful shoes that way.

Comes off easily with a damp sponge and a little dish soap, if you don't like the results. You can "erase" what you've done and experiment all you want.

Plus, it's good for the leather!

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I found a store in Sydney (unfortunately for my bank account, its only about a 10 minute walk from my place) that sells Flat Head gear. The cafe Racer isn't on their page as available or sold out, is it an older out of manufacture item? Or do you think they would be able to order it in? I know, I know ask them but its in the middle of Chinatown and their English is challenging.

Also, does anyone know if they use the same basic fit for all their jackets? Eg if I try on their denim jacket for size, will that approximate the cafe racers fit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Butch_Coolidge

Familiar Face
Don't know what ever happened to S-M-L-XL, etc? I wear XL in all thus far. If it was a suit, I would obviously have it tailored. But a leather biker jacket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benj

One of the Regulars
Hey PN,

Flat Head is still making leather cafe racer style jackets but I would bet that it's not the one you're thinking of. This is their most recent one: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/2nd/item/fh-srj-06a-bk/

And I have the iteration made before that one. And the one that self edge is selling is the iteration before mine!

I take a size smaller than my normal flat head jacket (and everything) size in both my own jacket and the self edge jacket. I'm a 38 in my jacket, and a 38 would never fit me in any other flat head stuff. I'm not sure if the newest one, if you're interested in that, fits the same as mine or more true to their normal sizing.

Hope that helps a little...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy