Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Golden Era's *ugliest* clothes

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I almost posted a similar thing a few days ago when the "I must have bad taste, then!" comments were directed at what *I* thought was ugly. As you said -- just a fun thread and I can totally see why some things here would be "ugly" to someone!! Too bad some felt the need to take it personal.

But that doesn't stop me from posting more ugliness!! lol lol lol

5488894151_275c2a57b8_b.jpg

The pink dress at the bottom has the ugliest sleeves/shoulder thingies ever. And not Good-ugly, either. Just pure Ugly-ugly!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
*Gasp* the green dress! Pleeeeeease tell me that necklace is not embroidered on! Im speechless.

LD

lol
I'll admit, I'm not too sure about any dress on this page (from 1948). The best one is the navy blue one. The pink stripey one would be alright if the sleeves and neckline/neck ruffle weren't so hideous.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The only way a grown woman today could pull it off would be if she had blue or purple hair and completely covered in tattoos. She would need a hard edge to not look like a total dork or that she walked off a polygomy ranch.

tattgirl.jpg

You're right. Now it totally works!

LD

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Eek, dresses B and E might be approaching cute in a darker color, but that bubblegum pink makes them look just silly.

I must say, I love how the dress manufacturers have labelled the top row as being for "date minded teens". Not sure any of those dresses would help a gal get a second date ;)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
There was a huge fad for cowboy/western stuff during the fifties because of Roy Rodgers. I used to think it was all just for kids' dress up play, until my mom showed me a picture of her and her twin sister wearing matching cowgirl outfits on their way to church. They look like total dorks.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
5492033960_810c6a7bcc_b.jpg

The dress in the middle. It's so ugly, but.....I LOVE IT! It's "just ugly enough" to be cute!! There's a fine line there, ya know. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou