Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Golden Era's *ugliest* clothes

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Aye, the proud clan McLeod.
110px-MacLeod_tartan_%28Vestiarium_Scoticum%29.png

'Tis a shame to wear it on one's feet.

lollollollol

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
NEW BATCH OF UGLY:

5503107628_9e44d13378_b.jpg

From 1937. Not sure if it's ugly, but certainly unusual.

The rest are from 1946:

5503100506_be76f7c283_b.jpg

There was a bedazzling craze in '46. lol WITHOUT the studs this would be awesome. WITH the studs it just looks "old lady."

5503100224_fba224cdb9_b.jpg

Looks either unfinished, Robin Hood-y, or like an 80s heavy metal t-shirt. Take you pick.

5502507469_d6346c3910_b.jpg

It looks like wicker. I imagine this to be hard. lol

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
First of all: I love this thread! Amy Jeanne you are amazing! Personally I appreciate all the comments, both those who agree and disagree on the ugly factor, I thinks it's interesting to learn about peoples tastes and associations. I agree that that was quite a batch of ugly, but I like the dress w the built-in purse (crazy + creative!) and can't make up my mind about the one that reminds me of Peter Pan (forever young!).
NEW BATCH OF UGLY:
5503107628_9e44d13378_b.jpg

From 1937.
The rest are from 1946:
5503100224_fba224cdb9_b.jpg

Last edited:

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
First of all: I love this thread! Amy Jeanne you are amazing! Personally I appreciate all the comments, both those who agree and disagree on the ugly factor, I thinks it's interesting to learn about peoples tastes and associations. I agrre that that was quite a batch of ugly, but I like the dress w tih a built-in purse (crazy + creative!) and the one that reminds me of Peter Pan (forever young!).

lol
I don't have a problem with disagreeing -- I was just a bit put off by the comments where people were taking it personally. "I must have bad taste then!" is not becoming. lol It's not like we're posting any of these as a personal attack to anyone!! lol As LD said -- some I think are cute, but I can understand why someone would think it was ugly. Personally, I think being "ugly" is a good thing because at least it is striking and has a bit of character. Being plain and dull is the worst, IMO ;)

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Ava would look better in her underwear. This looks like something the pope might wear. I love floral prints, and all that is over-the-top, but this garment rubs me the wrong way. They can't both have roses and carnations. All I can think is "What is she wearing?".
1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats