Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Golden Era's *ugliest* clothes

HomesteadHattie

New in Town
When I was younger and we visited my grandma, I'd always get out my mom's old case of Barbies and the accompanying well-made vintage Barbie clothes, and there was one dress in particular just like Divine's but in green, and even as a child I remember wondering how anyone could possibly walk in such a dress.
It does hug Divine's curves very nicely, though. Color me impressed.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
HomesteadHattie said:
When I was younger and we visited my grandma, I'd always get out my mom's old case of Barbies and the accompanying well-made vintage Barbie clothes, and there was one dress in particular just like Divine's but in green, and even as a child I remember wondering how anyone could possibly walk in such a dress.
It does hug Divine's curves very nicely, though. Color me impressed.
I watched Pink Flamingos again recently (why, oh, why did I do that?) and I seem to remember it being knit or maybe just a woven with lycra.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
kamikat said:
I watched Pink Flamingos again recently (why, oh, why did I do that?) and I seem to remember it being knit or maybe just a woven with lycra.

:eek:fftopic: Maybe it's time for me to go back and watch a few of John Waters films - don't think I've seen any besides Hairspray since college. All I remember from Pink Flamingos is THAT scene...(sorry, everyone). And, well, that dress. Can you see the similarities?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
bunnyb.gal said:
:eek:fftopic: Maybe it's time for me to go back and watch a few of John Waters films - don't think I've seen any besides Hairspray since college. All I remember from Pink Flamingos is THAT scene...(sorry, everyone). And, well, that dress. Can you see the similarities?
Honestly, I don't recommend it. I had planned to see all his older movies again because my husband hadn't seen them. We could barely get through Pink Flamingos and I crossed the rest off my to-watch list.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Little Red Riding Hood Lost In The Woods?

I don't think so!:mad:

82138362.jpg

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
kamikat said:
Honestly, I don't recommend it. I had planned to see all his older movies again because my husband hadn't seen them. We could barely get through Pink Flamingos and I crossed the rest off my to-watch list.

No joy, anyhow - for some reason the '70's ones don't seem to be rentable over here. Should I look upon that as a blessing?!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Ugly Shoes:

5459994638_fba01b0ce6_z.jpg

Almost all of them on this page, especially those square ones at top. Yuck.

5459388155_b2a6151340_z.jpg

Bottom right.

5459994474_c6aef144c3_z.jpg

The "Grecian Beauties."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran