Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

" The Great British Hat Makers "

Great additions, Steve! I knew you had some treasures up your sleeve. Very interesting, the Moores "The Tween Hat" Bowler - both lined and vented.

Nik, Thanks! I know Robert (RLK) along with others have some great British made hats. Dreispitz (Dieter) has some really nice Bowlers. Probably worth a leasure search, copy and paste.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
I found these pics in my files of ended ebay listings.

Bullocks Wilshire (1930s):

Bullocks-Wilshire_1.jpg

A Scotts Fedora of more recent vintage, maybe 1960s. I'm posting this just for the liner logo/ dating purposes.

ScottsBeaverBlendlookslikelate50s-60s8.jpg

Nik, great finds, that Bullocks is a wonderful Hat. Do you wanted to bid on this Hat

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Josh, that Dunn & Co upbrim is marvelous.

Nik, great finds, that Bullocks is a wonderful Hat. Do you wanted to bid on this Hat

Manfred, I remember I didn't bid on it... must have been not my size. When going through the ebay listings, I save pics of interesting hats of any size as well as pics of hats I've selected for bidding.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Lock & Co that I got off Esty a while back, it looked great in the pix but when it arrived it was one of those kutie hats you don't even want to put on your head. I gave it a gas bath and when I put it on it was too small despite being listed as a 7 3/8 and I'm a 7 1/8 to 7 1/4. I took it to Bob at Black Sheep Hat Works for a stretch and refurb. He sanded off the moth bites on the brim and had to replace the sweatband because it was too thick for the stretch required. He also re-blocked it for me into a more vintage shape since the stretch was enough to effect the flanging. He was able to save the original ribbon. This was probably an 80's hat, it has a Brooks Bro price tag of $80. Really happy how it turned out and I'll wear it now.

There is an onion skin there too:
IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

Last edited:

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
Picked this up at a Flea Market at the Three Counties Showground on Monday... Many good hats some ridiculous pricing, but got this one at a traders price.

Dunn & Co. "The Mambo" Addressed to an RAF Base in Berks and dates stamped Feb 13th 1960
8865776244_d49871f792_c.jpg

8865774134_62b6f00e3c_c.jpg

8865164479_8c3af30590_c.jpg

8865770240_6db0a1b2b3_c.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Paddy, great hat the new one and a rare find. Looks very good. Thanks for posting that!

Baron, that is indeed very interesting. You have a good eye! Could you tell us why? Or an Idea why!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some great hats folks.

My latest purchase from ebay - description was 'brown bowler' - obviously it's neither...

Need to work on getting the bashes right, but it springs back without any real effort:

Beautiful condition, barely needed a brush. I'm thinking it's probably 60's from the lettering and glued liner. Kendall & Milne were a very large department store in Manchester, briefly owned by Harrods in the 20's. It's made in England, but who by isn't stated. Any ideas?

Iain

New in Town
Gentlemen may I present my latest aquisition, a Scott and Co brown fedora. Judging by the condition it can't have been worn much, I know next to nothing about it other then I'd guess it's perhaps 50's maybe?

SAM_2590_zps9d3e4eab.jpg

SAM_2591_zps25dd0e0e.jpg

SAM_2592_zps8101dc9b.jpg

The pencil written 3/5/0 would have been the price, 3 pounds 5 shillings?

It was a little tight at first but then I got a haircut, fits great now :eek:

SAM_2598_zps730c6b40.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21