Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hat Confessional Thread

Goose.

Practically Family
Carlisle Blues said:
I don't like half the hats I see here and I don't care to see the other half that I haven't seen.

Somebody needs a hug lol

Michaelshane said:
I think I love this thread.....
Yep.

MattJH said:
... Do you wear sneakers with your homburgs? ...!

502868579_5rTEm-S-1.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
carter said:

I plan on selling at least 75% of the fedoras and straws that I own as soon as the market improves.

Marc Chevalier said:
It's this discomfort that will send nearly all of mine to eBay, once the market improves.

That market improvement won't last long after you guys flood it. :p

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I HATE, HATE, HATE a lot of froo-froo on ladies' hats. Pin on a flower and be done with it.

There's a guy I like. I usually see him in shorts and t-shirts. I don't care whether he owns a tie.

My recent purchases include boot leg jeans, t-shirts and red canvas tennis shoes. I LOVE these clothes.

That felt good!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Lefty said:
That market improvement won't last long after you guys flood it. :p

Lefty and I can plan together when we sell our hats, so that our auctions won't overlap.

Ande1964 said:
I think the "high" prices we see for remarkable hats on ebay aren't high at all, for the treasures we're dealing with.

I agree, and reckon that Lefty does too.

Paisley said:
That felt good!

Didn't it, though? :eusa_clap

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I wear a hat every day, a ball CAP every once in a while to crawl under a horse or truck or farm equipment to work on it.
Hat means FELT hat to me. I wear felt unless I am going to be 100% out in the sun doing strenuous activity.

I take my hat off for sleep, showering, church, and very few other places.
I wear my hats inside my house. ultimate disrespect is not keeping a hat on, it is removing it once I've worn it for hours. I don't want to see your tan lines when you remove your pants OR your hat.

As long as there is a place for genuine friends to sit when they visit in reasonable numbers at once, then I don't own too many hats.

If I'm depressed I will get out and wear one of my SPECIAL hats. Then the value of hat is shown as it works for me in ways therapy and medicines may not and is available at all hours and without an appointment.

You can have my hat when you pry from my cold dead head.....

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Here's a big confession: I still maintain you can wear other hats with a tailcoat than a topper, so there! :p Seen way too many photos of men in 1890s-1930s wearing bowlers, homburgs, panamas, fedoras and even boaters with a morning coat to change my mind...

Not hat specific, but I also wear tailcoats to venues where formal wear was not specifically requested as well... gasp...

Ande1964

Practically Family
Hmm...

Don't know if I have many, but I'll try and see what comes out.

I don't wear or get ballcaps, really. Who wants to sunscreen their ears?

I spend more time pairing hat to outfit than I ever dreamed I would.

I think the "high" prices we see for remarkable hats on ebay aren't high at all, for the treasures we're dealing with.

I hope to one day make some sort of supplemental income in the hat business.

Anj

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
On the contrary: this thread is candid and cathartic.

Actually, I was just kidding -- even though I was wearing my pampered Open Road lid and my Hawaiian shirt when I said it...;)

Cheers,
JtL

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
My Confession;
--I have no idea why I like hats, but I know it has nothing to do with Indiana Jones.
--I just cannot convince myself to wear straw......i just can't.
--I do not know how to properly fit a fedora to a face :eek:
--I still have not decided if a fedora should be worn on a first date. I know it is a bit eccentric, but it is what I usually wear. [huh]
--Under the "reads this forum too often" vain, The Fedora Lounge is the first website I visit every morning.

JP

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Fun stuff.

I like many types of hats - but they don't all like me.

I'd own and wear toppers, sailor straws and tricorns if I could get away with it.

I like western hats almost as much as fedoras. In fact, I started playing 'cowboys and Indians' before I started playing 'cops and robbers'.

I own several leather Outback hats. :eek:

I own a pile of baseball caps but haven't worn them in years. I keep them handy in case I need to paint a ceiling. Yeah, that's it.

I stack my hats.

I smoke in and around my hats. Poor things; they probably never had to put up with any of that in the '40s.

My girlfriend laughs at me when I wear optimo crowned Panama hats.

Viper Man

Banned
I love hats and wear them as often as possible including in and around my house.
My hat fascination comes from my love of jazz and blues.
I buy them to wear them. I am not a collector.
I own exactly one suit and only wear it to weddings & funerals. It's a cheap contemporary from the Men's Wearhouse (that'll make some of you cringe!)
I have a hard time wearing gym shoes with my hats but jeans and tee-shirts are OK.
My wife doesn't quite understand my obsession but deals with it nicely all things considered.
I can't tell the difference between an Open Road and a Stratoliner.
I am totally addicted to Art Fawcett's custom hats and wish I could own one in every color.
Whenever I look at ebay I wish I was a size 7 (or smaller).

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I rarely wear hats no matter how much I love them, because I will have to take them off, and I hate the hat hair.

I secretly want a bowler, top hat and newsboy cap ,which I would most likely wear more than my fedoras.

I have no clue about differences in hats, simply that men look very good in them.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I think that slender men with thin faces who wear high crowned and wide brimmed hats look as if a flying saucer has landed on their heads. Even if that flying saucer is a beautiful vintage Borsalino from the 1930s. Tall and wide isn't working for you.

Oh, and I'm wearing sandals today (Although I was at Church earlier and wore dress oxfords so I don't have to repent TOO much) ;)

nulty

One of the Regulars
I'm glad I don't own so many hats anymore.

I wear a fedora out of love and respect for my grandfather and his generation.

I don't care what I wear the hat with. The juice is in the hat, not the look...

offloading hats on ebay felt good and lessened my own OCD.

Hats might look stoopid on me but I don't care.

My wife hates hats but Loves me.

I am addicted to j.crew..I know.. I'm sick...I like to collect old j.crew stuff...

I have faced my vintage obsession and realized I am powerless to destroy it.

I can't follow a leader.....

RBH

Bartender
nulty said:
I'm glad I don't own so many hats anymore.

I wear a fedora out of love and respect for my grandfather and his generation.

I don't care what I wear the hat with. The juice is in the hat, not the look...

I can't follow a leader.....
YOU are a professor... when does your college open? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats