Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Last Straw

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Well that is great news! I still can't believe how hot it has been the last month or so. I hear my PB2 and Expo weeping quietly in my closet daily. Hopefully some rain will be on the way too.
PBG

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Sadly MK, that day has already come for us here in Ohio. Even though we have had a couple days that have been quit summer like. We are having some serious Indian Summer moments here in Ohio this year. I am livin it up while I can!:cool2:

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
This is pic of the Panama that I had made @ Baron's here in LA. It is now retired for the season, but I thought I'd post a pic now that I figured out how to do it!
Straw1-vi.jpg

I decided to got for the telescope crown and a shorter brim. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

I'll post some pics of it on my noggin later if anyone is interested.
PBG

Michaelson

One Too Many
Why is the song 'I come from the Land Down Under' by Men At Work rattling around in my head just now? (grins) Regards. Michaelson

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
It's been so warm the past few days that I had to bust out my Milan straw. It got up to 85 degrees yesterday.

Hopefully that'll be the last of it. I'm looking forward to wearing my felts.

Michaelson

One Too Many
The cold front is coming at you as we speak. It's 79 right now here in Tennessee, but tonight and tomorrow will get no higher than the low 50s during the day, and 30's at night, so brush off those felts now. Regards. Michaelson

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
sadly i just got my boater i have been wanting one for years, and i found it on ebay a brooks brothers never been worn until i wore it to the fall festival we have in my village.
i was thinking i may have lost my marbles to wear the thing but i got so many complements , and now it must go into the closet for 8 to 9 months.
well i guess ill have to look into a felt hat you guys have inspired me.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
We just did the same MK

In the SF Bay area we have had 100 + degree Wx the past few weeks (on and off). I haven't worn a felt in months, nor long pants.

Today, the temps dropped into the low 70's inland, with 50's at the coast.

Broke out the Dobbs Twenty, long pants, and a flannel shirt tonight! YEA!!!

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Meanwhile far to the south....the locals in the Land of Oz are blowing the dust off their straw lids for the searing season ahead.

Spring has sprung Down Under.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Summer's over here as well. We worked on painting the house all weekend and when I went out this morning to work on the garage door trim, it was cooler and damper than it's been since fall. We'd been pushing to get the majority done before the rain that was scheduled to hit tonight. But 11, it was gusty winds and I called it a day. And now it's a downpour. But after x-number years a majority of the exterior's done (the front completely) and I made a stick-to-your-ribs dinner (bratwurst simmered in beer, sliced potatoes baked with rosemary & oregano & olive oil plus sauerkraut plus apple streudel one of our friends brought for house-painting snacks), had a big Martini, put my feet up and watched the rain hammering down. But it's definitely time to start wearing the felts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925