Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Library

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
One of the best I've seen. Jay Walker's home library, which is both a library and a museum.
http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/magazine/16-10/ff_walker?currentPage=all

http://www.ted.com/talks/jay_walker_s_library_of_human_imagination.html

ff_walker_f.jpg

Mav

A-List Customer
Wally_Hood said:
Does the retriever respond to the command, "Fetch The Illiad, boy!"?

In a perfect world, yes, plus, he can mix a Jamison's and water. I haven't gotten my Beast to that point yet.

Mav

A-List Customer
Decodence said:
Gah. I forgot. Lemme clean it up a bit and I'll follow through on the original threat.

This is what happens on an extremely busy forum (thank G-d for that "New Posts" function) and faulty memory due to an inordinate amount of whiskey while posting.

Mav

A-List Customer
Decodence said:

May212006001.jpg

This is mostly reference/ oft- used stuff. I've got about three times this in spillover through the rest of the house.
I need more room. And cooler furniture. And animal heads.

Mav

A-List Customer
Decodence said:
:D

I'm not even a hunter, but I want to go put some .416 Rigby through big game for exactly this reason.
Eccentric/ exotic calibers were made for the man who likes the heads of dead animals in his library. Hey- don't get me wrong, I'd eat a water buffalo or hyena burger (with pepperjack cheese and a Guinness), or wear their flayed skins like an Aztec priest, but the ultimate place for 'em is staring down at you while you're doing expense reports and quarterly tax returns. Or reading Pike, Levi, or Philo.

I've got mulie racks hanging here and there, but it's not the same as displaying something that could have ripped your throat out or gored you.

CigarSmokePhilosopher

New in Town
I know this is dead but I had something to add. The Carnegie Library of Guthrie Oklahoma is the most beautiful library I've ever seen- the entire building is like a dream. I looked but there are no good pictures online. I will go again sometime soon and take some photos that do it justice (hopefully).

also that "Jay Walker's" library you posted, nathan, that looks very familiar for some reason. Was it in the movie Hellboy (1 or 2 cant remember) i swear i've seen in in a movie or something at some point.

Highlander

A-List Customer
Yes, I agree, that is a beautiful library, but I'd tend toward the Mahogany, or English Quartersawn WhiteOak Library myself with the Rolling Ladder and all.
NDAwLjEyMDAtNDAyLjM1ODg=.jpg

botty

Familiar Face
I am in love with this one, the Carnagie library in Rheims, France

3261834331_eca47bceaf.jpg

Last edited:

martinsantos

Practically Family
:D :D :D

Then we will buy them up for pennies on a dollar. Mu Hu Ha Ha Ha <Maniacal Eccentric Reclusive Laugh>
No seriously I would buy all I could get.

I have my doubts if Kindle will finish with the traditional book. Anyway, most of my books I buy second-hand. People usually don't like them, specially those that see illness in everything. Better to me, books become cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy