Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Magnificent Fur Coat

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Nope - the Homburg!

Marshall.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
The hat

I'm thinking maybe one of those fur Brezhnev hats they wear in Moskva would do the job. However, keep in mind, if you're wearing one of those, the code of honor requires that you never flip the earflaps down, even if it goes to minus 200 degrees.
Reminds me of the old Civil War song lyric: "He's 6 foot one way, three foot t'other, and he weighs 300 pounds, his coats so big he couldn't pay the tailor, and it won't go halfway 'round!"

Edward

Bartender
Sharp looking coat. I like to see vintage furs being worn - I'm all for not killing an animal purely for its hide nowadays (leather I regard as different as it is a byproduct of the meat industry - waste not, want not and all that!), but somehow it seems to me to be the more moral course of action to see vintage furs used rather than discarded as some would prefer. I imagine that coat really is ideal.... I could have done with something like that when I was last in NYC, in mid february 2004. Damn, it would have taken your head off the night we arrived and went up the Empire State!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo