Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Man Purse Aka. THE MURSE YES or NO ?

A-1

One Too Many
Do what you like!!
I really find those threats funny where people are asking if it's ok to wear that or not.
If you like it, why not? You shouldn't care so much about what other people say or think. I think the world would be way more interesting when we all just would care less what others think about what we look like and just wear what we think looks good and is handy.
In my experience people look best simply when they're comfortable with what they wear. I mean there are people out there having expensive well made clothes but they look awful and the other way round.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I know I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it, must be the eternal schoolboy in me, but every time I see the words "Fanny Bag" I just can't help it.

You might like to read about how the term fanny has differing definitions here at:Lost-in-the-Pond. If you are American and don't understand why Brits snigger at the term, you too would be enlightened.

Sonero

Practically Family
Men carry a briefcase or a backpack. Not a purse, murse or European shoulder bag....

Not to offend anyone but I find this post to be somewhat closed off.

American Men have some serious gender issues. I lean towards the European ( Italian ) Latin America role model.

When I grew up ( In NYC ) I was taunted for having style and being into fashion. It was GAY in America. Not true in other parts of the world.

Backpacks although useful don't look good with dressy attire when a briefcase would be overkill.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Do what you like!!
I really find those threats funny where people are asking if it's ok to wear that or not.
If you like it, why not? You shouldn't care so much about what other people say or think. I think the world would be way more interesting when we all just would care less what others think about what we look like and just wear what we think looks good and is handy.
In my experience people look best simply when they're comfortable with what they wear. I mean there are people out there having expensive well made clothes but they look awful and the other way round.
I sure agree on that!

Reactions: A-1

Sonero

Practically Family

Cocker

Practically Family
If you like this style of bag you may want to look into Maxpedition gear. Their quality is far superior. The fabric they use is almost bullet proof.

Indeed, got a Maxpedition bag already, and it's really a tough bag. Problem is, I'm currently looking for canvas, not 1000D cordura.

Moreover, I'm looking for something without hook and loop, MOLLE webs, fastex and so on. I liked the "old school" look of the Rothco one.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maxpedition here too in black which I use exclusively for work. Tucano Urbano Ninja bag when I'm travelling light.

dnjan

One Too Many
I definitely prefer some type of "over-the-shoulder-bag" over cargo pants (or worse - cargo shorts) with stuffed pockets.

IXL

One Too Many
Indeed, got a Maxpedition bag already, and it's really a tough bag. Problem is, I'm currently looking for canvas, not 1000D cordura.

Moreover, I'm looking for something without hook and loop, MOLLE webs, fastex and so on. I liked the "old school" look of the Rothco one.

Filson brand Medium (or Small) Field Bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner