Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The new Aeronautical from Aero Leathers - in Petrol Blue

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
My eyes are gettin' old, is that like an "Olive Green"? If so I kinda like that color. Not a fan of the "cut" of the jacket but I like different colored hides.

Worf

According to my digital colour meter it's somewhere between dark olive green and olive drab but hard to say due to the reflections in the leather. Should be (almost) a perfect match with these boots though:

http://whitekloud.sakura.ne.jp/sblo_files/whitekloud/image/CIMG2830.JPG

I've got this sinking feeling that my trip to Tokyo next year is going to be for my wallet what my russian cigarettes are to my lungs. Mushmans are definitely on my list, as well as white kloud (the shoes). But I'm going to try and arrange translation because keeping an earlier experience in mind it's unlikely English will get me very far.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
According to my digital colour meter it's somewhere between dark olive green and olive drab but hard to say due to the reflections in the leather. Should be (almost) a perfect match with these boots though:

http://whitekloud.sakura.ne.jp/sblo_files/whitekloud/image/CIMG2830.JPG

I've got this sinking feeling that my trip to Tokyo next year is going to be for my wallet what my russian cigarettes are to my lungs. Mushmans are definitely on my list, as well as white kloud (the shoes). But I'm going to try and arrange translation because keeping an earlier experience in mind it's unlikely English will get me very far.

Well Xeno... I like that color of the jacket, the boots seem just a touch lighter in shade. I'd like the boots just a touch darker and I think they'd match the jacket well. I do appreciate your "out of the box" thinking though. I'll be waiting anxiously for word of your Tokyo trip and for photo's of what you buy. I admire the Japanese sense of retro-style, just not their sizing practices (no love for us big guys). Thanks for sharing.

Worf

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
First thing I thought of was Amelia. It looks damn good. If I met some girl online via cyber chat wearing that A-1 and was only allowed a picture with her in that jacket (without a face in it), I'd strongly consider marrying first and asking questions later.

Errr... okay.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Well Xeno... I like that color of the jacket, the boots seem just a touch lighter in shade. I'd like the boots just a touch darker and I think they'd match the jacket well. I do appreciate your "out of the box" thinking though. I'll be waiting anxiously for word of your Tokyo trip and for photo's of what you buy. I admire the Japanese sense of retro-style, just not their sizing practices (no love for us big guys). Thanks for sharing.

Worf

Or their out-sized pricing! Mind you, I'd kill for a supermarket sweep through the Mushman's shop, preferably with somebody else's credit card...

Ishmael

Practically Family
Checked out the original pair of Ortensia blue Badalassi engineer boots (by John Lofgren) at Mushmans last weekend. They've gone from light blue to dark blue to a very rich greenish hue. Pretty amazing color transformation. Will be interesting to see what the Ortensia A-1s from The Few do.

Checked out the original pair of Ortensia blue Badalassi engineer boots (by John Lofgren) at Mushmans last weekend. They've gone from light blue to dark blue to a very rich greenish hue. Pretty amazing color transformation. Will be interesting to see what the Ortensia A-1s from The Few do.
Interesting. Kinda like copper lol

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Or their out-sized pricing! Mind you, I'd kill for a supermarket sweep through the Mushman's shop, preferably with somebody else's credit card...

I wasn't going to mention that! When you folks on that side of the briney think something's too 'spensive I know it's outta my league! I have a built in excuse to not dig out my gold teeth (if I had any) for some Japanese exotic retro. They don't make em my size (whew)!

Worf

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, then you add import tax, and it's :faint: time. I'm fearing the ++ bill when my Gustins arrive at the end of the month.

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
Yeah, then you add import tax, and it's :faint: time. I'm fearing the ++ bill when my Gustins arrive at the end of the month.

Yep, if you add shipping, handling charge, customs duty, VAT....you basically paid for a return ticket Tokyo so you can go pick it up in person and see the sights. But it's true that all the high end Japanese stuff is prohibitively expensive...and exquisite. Sometimes when I see what they produce over there I feel as if we in the west are a bunch of neanderthals by comparison (finish, detail, sheer quality and originality of the design., aesthetics..).

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely, I think it'd be hard to resist the stuff when it's in front of you. I can only imagine that Ishmael has iron discipline!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff