Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 10.44.50 PM.png

Villa and Madero met at the Hacienda de Bustillos. It was the last days of March 1911. In this hacienda was born an army with thousands of troops around the figure of Madero. ( Villa...X mark)
Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 11.02.09 PM.png

Library of Congress

Last edited:
View attachment 88360
Villa and Madero met at the Hacienda de Bustillos. It was the last days of March 1911. In this hacienda was born an army with thousands of troops around the figure of Madero. ( Villa...X mark)
View attachment 88362
Library of Congress
2j, thanks for posting those. Makes me think back at the end of the American Civil War several Confederate Generals including Gen JO Shelby & his men went to Mexico with the intention of hiring out to whichever side paid the most. What's that saying, "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"?

Food inspector at the fishmarket in Amsterdam 1926. The crease in the inspector's hat is held together with a crease clip. By the looks on the faces these were the days when taking a picture was an event. Thanks by the way to HadleyH1 and 2Jakes who keep coming up with these great old pictures lately.

fishmarket amsterdam 1926.jpeg

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
❤️
Helen Richey.jpg

Helen Richey ~ First woman to be hired as a pilot by a commercial airline,
also first woman to be sworn in to pilot air mail & first female flight instructor.

❤️
Amy Johnson.jpg

Amy Johnson (1903~1942). First aviatrix to solo 11,000 miles from England to Australia
(in a Gipsy Moth), with a co-pilot she flew London to Moscow in one day, and then,
across Siberia and on to Tokyo, setting a record time for flying from Britain to Japan

Last edited:
Food inspector at the fishmarket in Amsterdam 1926. The crease in the inspector's hat is held together with a crease clip. By the looks on the faces these were the days when taking a picture was an event. Thanks by the way to HadleyH1 and 2Jakes who keep coming up with these great old pictures lately.

View attachment 88448
Great image Stefan. Love to see a crease clip in action. I have a whole box of them, need one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner