Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Stetson 25 Thread

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
My 25OR:
as purchased, after a good cleaning
openroad.jpg

next stage
001ouk.jpg

rectangular telescope stage
011qct.jpg

current stage
newhatalogue06922.jpg

maxrob200

New in Town
I bought a OR style Stetson 25 silver belly from ebay a couple of weeks ago and am certainly happy with the quality of the felt compared to 3x and 5x westerns that i have currently. It has the cowboy watering his horse liner so I presume it is from the 60- 70's? It does not have 'Open Road" stamped inside the hat band just the usual JB and 25, is it then considered an OR clone?

maxrob200

New in Town
I tried to upload some images using the image button but I got an error message "image undefined". Does the images need to be a specific size?

Uploads of images from your hard drive are not supported.

You need to have the image hosted remotely and then choose "from URL" option. Paste the URL of your image in the line provided.Be sure that the box below the URL line is de-selected.

OK, here goes with some images of my 25 OR (clone?)

"Clone" is usually referring to another manufacturer's model that is of the Open Road style.
Since this is a Stetson & 25's also came in Corrals as well as OR's, I say you have an Open Road style 25.
I had an OR style 25 & sold it because I didn't wear it over my Corral 25.
I've got an OR style 7X Clear Beaver & an OR style 100, neither have Open Road marked anywhere on the hat.

Stetson was so mysterious....

Nice lid & welcome!

maxrob200

New in Town
Thanks gtdean48 for the information about the 25. I was a bit confused about whether it was an OR or not. The felt on the 25 is really soft and silky compared to a 3x Stetson Rancher.
BTW What is the difference between Corrals and OR style?

HatsEnough

Banned
Some Twentyfives actually do say "Open Road," some OR-Styled Twentyfives don't. I have 100s, 10Xers, 7Xers, 25s all just like the Open Road style and but only a handful of them actually say Open Road. I tend to think of all of the as ORs if they are in the style (bound edge brim under 2-7/8 inches) of an OR.

I only call a OR-styled hat of another hat manufacturer an "OR clone."

maxrob200

New in Town
Ok..I recently bought a Stetson 4x Rancher and like that lid too. My partner reckons I have got a fixation for hats nowadays and I only just started collecting them a couple of months ago

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24