Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Stetson 25 Thread

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thought I would share my 25

ea5c82b72e72996b8b908ece57902631.jpg

4b7a0266ead6133455c33d7eaf1dd8d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received this wonderful Stetson 25 Open Road from Adrian (@Miamibruno) a couple of days ago. He was kind enough to sit on it for me for a couple of months, knowing I couldn't grab it right away, but also knowing it was a "Bucket List" hat for me. I couldn't be happier. This is a great hat - the materials and workmanship are top notch. My only other OR is a 3X, and this felt is as dense or more so than the 3X, but softer, more pliable, and with a better hand.

I'm a little flummoxed on dating this thing, however, and would like to have a little confirmation from the gallery, please. I've been through this thread, and the "25" logo in this hat is what I believe puts it in the 1960s. Everything else, though, would tell me 1950s. The size tag, the stitched in liner, the felt quality, etc. I'm assuming 1960s, but the other accouterments must be indicative of the quality level of the hat?

Anyway, on to the pics!

Picture5.jpg
Picture6.jpg
Picture7.jpg
Picture8.jpg
Picture9.jpg

Pardon the marks, that's just distilled water from steaming and ironing out the crown. I put it out on the back porch post to dry, but wanted to get some shots in the daylight before the sun went down.

Picture10.jpg
Picture11.jpg
Picture13.jpg

At just shy of 3 1/4", this hat is easily my biggest brimmed hat. I believe it's the same as David's (@DJH) Twenty-Five.

Picture12.jpg

Creased and at the office with me today.

Picture14.jpg

I'm stoked. Thanks, Adrian!

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Here is my Stetson 25 open road . I would say 1964 dated based on that it says that in the liner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this hat have a size tag or any production tags under the sweat? Photos would be great if you could, please and thank you.

I received this wonderful Stetson 25 Open Road from Adrian (@Miamibruno) a couple of days ago. He was kind enough to sit on it for me for a couple of months, knowing I couldn't grab it right away, but also knowing it was a "Bucket List" hat for me. I couldn't be happier. This is a great hat - the materials and workmanship are top notch. My only other OR is a 3X, and this felt is as dense or more so than the 3X, but softer, more pliable, and with a better hand.

I'm a little flummoxed on dating this thing, however, and would like to have a little confirmation from the gallery, please. I've been through this thread, and the "25" logo in this hat is what I believe puts it in the 1960s. Everything else, though, would tell me 1950s. The size tag, the stitched in liner, the felt quality, etc. I'm assuming 1960s, but the other accouterments must be indicative of the quality level of the hat?

Anyway, on to the pics!

View attachment 74268 View attachment 74269 View attachment 74270 View attachment 74271 View attachment 74272

Pardon the marks, that's just distilled water from steaming and ironing out the crown. I put it out on the back porch post to dry, but wanted to get some shots in the daylight before the sun went down.

View attachment 74273 View attachment 74274 View attachment 74276

At just shy of 3 1/4", this hat is easily my biggest brimmed hat. I believe it's the same as David's (@DJH) Twenty-Five.

View attachment 74275

Creased and at the office with me today.

View attachment 74277

I'm stoked. Thanks, Adrian!
This is a stellar 25 Jim! It is kind of a challenge for dating, if it is 60s, it must be very early. I also went through the thread. I think you are on the right track in your thinking.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Jim, that's a very nice S25.

I think you are right about the dating, late 50's, maybe the first few years of the 60's.

Currently I have three 25's, none of which have the Open Road labeling, although the oldest one is the classic OR specs.

You will enjoy this one!

Cheers!
David

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I've seen where a company will phase in new "parts" and still be using up some older inventory while putting things together. Maybe you've got a real late 50's, like 1959-1/2, or a real early 1960's hat there, Jim. In any event, it's a winner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana