Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The one that got away.

Brinybay

Practically Family
I thought there was a thread in here somewhere on vintage items that we tried but failed to obtain, but darned if I can find it. Mods feel free to move the post.

This was on Craigslist and I missed it by about a couple hours. It was on the high end of my price range, but I didn't care, it was perfect. I would have talked them down at least some. Now all the other buffets and sideboards I'm looking at pale in comparison:

buffet.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There's a thread with this name in the Powder Room, but I never understood why it wasn't in here anyway... that is a swell piece of furniture! Craigslist can be frustrating that way, especially when you still see the item and yet... it is gone.

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
I was going to pick up a mint condition 1934 Remington Portable form a guy not too far away, talked to him and everything, and sold it out from under me! I was not a happy camper, talk about bad business...

Shovelhead

New in Town
1946 Buick Roadmaster 4 dr. Two days before we were to pick it up, my wife was suddenly unemployed. And the day before that I just bought my new pickup truck. Fate I guess. But everything happens for a reason, so I've been told.

Talbot

One Too Many
Back in the 80's there was a wrecking yard near me that had somehow bought out the contents of a long beach CA speed shop in the mid 60's.

I'd get what I could, but I was on a struggling student income.

They had a couple of 3 foot high stacks of club plaques. They sell the in hundreds now - I bought a few at $5 ea.

I got a lot of stuff, but missed out on a lot as well. Early speed stuff :Stellings Helling, Hildebrandt, Harmon Collins, Stewart Warner, 'Say-Y-And', the list goes on, sigh....

I'd visit and pick it over when funds allowed. I went back one day and they had dozed it to make room for other stuff:mad: . Seems like back in the 80's no one cared for that stuff except my friends and me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80