Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Sunny said:
If those are the ones I'm thinking of, I asked right after they were listed and she said size 38. I think that's a 6 or 6 1/2. She probably got tired of the questions and didn't bother to edit her listing or just make one of the questions visible.

I'm sorry to hear that - that's my size. I guess she didn't care to get good money for them.

Sunny

One Too Many
Oh, BUMMER. It was really pure idiocy to try to sell shoes without listing a size. She could easily have gotten $60 or more. What a dope.

I'm so sorry. :(

Aurora

One of the Regulars
There's a pair exactly like that on at $29.99, same ones maybe? No size listed either... Drives me insane! :rage:

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Aurora said:
There's a pair exactly like that on at $29.99, same ones maybe? No size listed either... Drives me insane! :rage:

See, I don't understand how some people find things on Ebay that I don't. I just did a search this morning and didn't see them at all.

shepkatt

Familiar Face
finding stuff on ebay

Most of the time I just go to Women's Shoes and do a search for 'wedges' or 'wedgies' or 'peep toe'.. A lot of times they are listed in the weirdest places because people have no clue what they have.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
shepkatt said:
Most of the time I just go to Women's Shoes and do a search for 'wedges' or 'wedgies' or 'peep toe'.. A lot of times they are listed in the weirdest places because people have no clue what they have.

i use 'wedg*' as my search word for wedgies so i get all at once! i find the best deals just by browsing the stuff that's about to end, though. i got a pair of cream/brown spectator pumps for under $10 because they were listed as "spats" and no one else bid on them. [huh]

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Sunny said:
If those are the ones I'm thinking of, I asked right after they were listed and she said size 38. I think that's a 6 or 6 1/2. She probably got tired of the questions and didn't bother to edit her listing or just make one of the questions visible.

fyi a 38 is a US 7.5

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
med3-1.jpg
med-1.jpg

I didnt bid on these as they were too big, but I kept them in my watch list to see how high they would go.

10 pairs (foot size 12) of OUTSIZE 30D FF stockings.

Final selling price: $202.50!

LD

Aurora

One of the Regulars
KittyT - I had a look for the wedgies again for you, but can't find them so I guess they've finished. Sorry

Saw the $2.99 ones above, listed as "antique shoes"!

Wiggle Dress - My Max was $19.99, sold of $20.49!!!

chevrondress.jpg

Handbag with travel-themed pattern - My Max was $23.99, sold for $24.49 - Really gutted as I collect this pattern... Well, I've got one item and want more!! :D

travelpurse.jpg

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Aurora said:

Oh what a shame, they are both really lovely. Was the dress a knit fabric? I love that colour!

What is the name of that pattern on the purse? If I see any during my countless hours of internet browsing I will let you know.:)

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I'm blue

Lost this last night:
2882_1.JPG

I shouldn't even bother to e-bay! I'm far from rich and will not pay crazy prices (plus shipping from the US), and I will not become a sniper because they're the ones that made me this sad and upset :cry:
I think the max hidden bid system should work well, but it doesn't when there are sniping programs. I give up.

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Cherry Lips - Sorry about the blouse. I agree completely about sniping, it takes away the skill of hitting the button in the last few seconds, praying you'll win :) I think it makes the victory sweeter too :eek:

I can't even be bothered to load the photos of all the items I've lost in the last few days... I wish I was a millionaire! lol

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for your replies ladies, here and in the sniper thread. Sorry for the rant, I was pretty emo this morning! Now I'm a bit comforted since I won the prettiest dress I bid on! :) (No sniper interference there.) I did pay a pretty penny for it though. From now on, bargains only.

Sunny

One Too Many
Aurora - you're right, it can be quite a fun challenge to snipe manually! My mother figured it out, using a clock with a second hand and timing from when you hit Refresh. I've placed manual bids that way in literally the last 2 or 3 seconds.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I have learnt from experience that manual sniping can be useless....for example when I waited until 3 seconds before the end to bid, before discovering I hadn't logged into eBay...:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
cherry lips said:
Lost this last night:
2882_1.JPG

I shouldn't even bother to e-bay! I'm far from rich and will not pay crazy prices (plus shipping from the US), and I will not become a sniper because they're the ones that made me this sad and upset :cry:
I think the max hidden bid system should work well, but it doesn't when there are sniping programs. I give up.

Sure it does. The system still works. If your max hidden bid is the highest bid, you will still win, whether or not someone uses a sniping program. Sniping does not win you items - the highest bid amount DOES. Sniping just keeps the price from going up prematurely with early bids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR