Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Vanessa

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
ebay_november_08_129.jpg

It went to a good home though.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Vanessa said:
87ba_12.JPG

*sniffle* *sob*

It would have matched my mouton cape perfectly.
That hat is so beyond beautiful. I am sorry you didn't win it.
480b_1.JPG

I was going to make this into the most amazing necklace.
6d6f_1.JPG

I am heartbroken over this one. I have wanted this pattern for a while and lost out by a buck. :(

Sunny

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
6d6f_1.JPG

I am heartbroken over this one. I have wanted this pattern for a while and lost out by a buck. :(
Oh, my! That's amazing! :( Do you have any idea how that bottom hat would stay on the head? I saw a very similar one in a movie (except even further back on the head) and I promise, it looked like nothing less than suction.

Josephine

One Too Many
I wanted a little black hat, not feathers or stones etc, just to wear everyday, and found one I really liked. Shipping was about $12.00 from Canada, though, so I looked at her other auctions and saw a white hat I liked, and a thistle pin for a friend for Xmas. So I bid on the two hats, and won the white but not the black which is whey I was bidding on the other in the first place! I'm not sure how high the other person would have gone, but now I'm kicking myself for not going higher than I had though I wanted to, and forgetting what time it ended so I could go higher. :(

71e3_1.JPG

ah well, there will be others...

and I suppose I could use a white hat.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Those are just lovely. Wow. I love folding furniture. I'm not sure of the history on them... look pretty fancy for camping, but Matt has some that are nice and he said they are for camping, too. Whatever they are for- things that fold into smaller things are just cool.

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Lauren said:
...things that fold into smaller things are just cool.

lol lol lol I don't know why this is so funny to me, but alas, it is true!

Amazing chairs, LD! That really is a bummer you lost them for that cheap.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Sunny said:
Oh, my! That's amazing! :( Do you have any idea how that bottom hat would stay on the head? I saw a very similar one in a movie (except even further back on the head) and I promise, it looked like nothing less than suction.

I had a hat like that once- the band was elasticized at the back of the head... so it kind of really was like suction! And hat pins are your friends :D

Vanessa

One Too Many
blackbird-1226884741-22140.jpg

It hasn't ended yet - but my hopes of snagging it have faded fast as the pricetag creeps higher and higher. Sigh - it would have gone perfect with the new swallow marcasite brooch & screw-back earring set I just got as a present, too. Dang. I'm off to cry in the corner now.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
miss_elise said:
were they serious?!?

this fairly simply crinoline...

5643_1.jpg

$152.50!!!!!

WHHAAA?! That's outrageous! ...But maybe it's a magic crinoline. It can take off pounds, and if you give it three shakes a vintage vixen genie comes out and pays your rent for you and then does your laundry. I'd pay $152.50 for a magic crinoline...

Josephine

One Too Many
I want a fur hat to go with the fur collar coat I got last year, and this was one of the few light colored ones that I liked:

e830_1.JPG

i got the coat at an amazing price, and I am a tightwad by nature, so though the hat only went for $27.10, I didn't want to pay more than $26.10. I think I might have to get over not wanting to pay much.

:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic