Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shearer said:
I didn't bid on this dress, but I was VERY interested to see what it went for...

A 50s New Look novelty print dress with tobacco paraphernalia! Cigarettes, pipes, matchbooks, cigars, rolling papers... you name it!

2485429900_63e4a46336_o.jpg

2484612819_99b1725793_o.jpg

2485429598_64c2d9ff7e_o.jpg

Absolutely wild!

Wait, what's going on with that dress. It has a peak in the neckline in the first pic and a scoop neck in the last, and in both there appear to be boobs. Is on the front and one the back?? Or am I missing something.

Shearer

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Wait, what's going on with that dress. It has a peak in the neckline in the first pic and a scoop neck in the last, and in both there appear to be boobs. Is on the front and one the back?? Or am I missing something.

That totally confused me, too! I had to look at it about ten times... I think for some reason the seller tucked in the peak on the neckline for some of the pictures. I have no idea why, though, cause that neckline is really neat.

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
I just missed this beauty today. Gosh, I've been looking for a sweater set EXACTLY like this, pearls and all, for YEARS. I was honestly so heart broken, it was one of the ebay moments that I felt like I was going to cry!! To make it worse, it only went for $7.50!!

1354071ce1.jpg

Aurora

One of the Regulars
It either sells for pence or the price of a car - Something's up, get a vintage detective to investigate ;)

Didn't save the listings, but I lost out on a souvenir jacket by $2 - It sold for $40ish - A 1960's suit sold for 162ish (can't remember if it was in dollars or pounds!!) and a gorgeous 1940's hat sold for $72 :mad:

MissHannah

One Too Many
I just missed out on this perfect 50's hat:

89e4_1.jpg
8a34_1.jpg
898b_1.jpg

It only went for £10.50 but I've already overspent this month so couldn't go any higher. Poo.

Caroline

One of the Regulars
Madison Paige said:
I just missed this beauty today. Gosh, I've been looking for a sweater set EXACTLY like this, pearls and all, for YEARS. I was honestly so heart broken, it was one of the ebay moments that I felt like I was going to cry!! To make it worse, it only went for $7.50!!

1354071ce1.jpg
OMG I won that, and I never ever win! If it doesn't work out for me (and my middle age waistline) I'll let you know. I think the seller was very happy to know someone would care for it & wear it. I find a lot of nice things searching the sets catagory, and "boucle" as a key word search. I think with that one I searched "knit" under woman's vintage. Sorry!

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Good Seller

imoldfashioned said:
That's one of the cutest dresses I've ever seen. I love the red, it's perfect and such a flattering dress too.
I got a dress from this gal and it was too die for! It was one of those you get and feel guilty for how little you paid. She e-mailed me when she put these up since they were in my size...but definitely not in my price range! Great dress though <sigh>

Foofoogal

Banned
All right,, y'all know I'm a book collector, but can anyone tell me why this 54 page booklet went for an astounding $361????

I mean, the winning bidder bought an art deco BRONZE STATUE for less than that!

And he paid $262 for another catalog recently!?!

I think he stole them both. What a resource. One ad alone is worth at least $25.00. :eusa_doh:

Aurora

One of the Regulars
I was bidding on that set! It was too big for me, but I figured I could take it in... Or pay someone to do it for me!! :D

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Rotten morning yesterday. First I missed a 110 year old silver double Albert watch chain because I forgot to make a last minute bid, and then two hours later I was outbid by one penny (!) on a new single Albert that had a pretty little locket fob. In my mind already had a photo of my youngest grand-daughter in the locket. Ah well.

I made up for it by getting a tie with a mermaid sitting on a martini glass and a mermaid tie bar. So it's all good.

13511583827.jpg

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Caroline said:
OMG I won that, and I never ever win! If it doesn't work out for me (and my middle age waistline) I'll let you know. I think the seller was very happy to know someone would care for it & wear it. I find a lot of nice things searching the sets catagory, and "boucle" as a key word search. I think with that one I searched "knit" under woman's vintage. Sorry!

Aww, well I'm glad its going to a good home. And congrats on the win!! You're too sweet...if it doesn't work out, I'd be thrilled to buy a gem like that off you.

I usually look through all the pages in the sets category, but for some reason have trouble finding sweater sets that aren't acrylic or don't have strange pleats in them (I'm anti pleats for some reason).

epr25

Practically Family
I was watching that. I loved it too! I am glad that it went to a lounger. You'll have to post photos of you in it!

KittyT said:
I was absolutely dying to have this, but the bust was a couple inches too small :(

132054740_o.jpg

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
KittyT said:
I was absolutely dying to have this, but the bust was a couple inches too small :(

132054740_o.jpg

Oh I feel your pain for that one, what a terrific set. Fingers crossed that you'll win another just as lovely!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Not my typical era and I knew this one would go for more than I was willing to pay but I watched it out of curiousity. Large size 1950's flocked and glittered dress with a few condition problems--belt not included ;). $1026.01

abest2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner