Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pencil Skirt

Louise Anne

Suspended
I finally when for the same one but in a different shade, The length is difficult I know and as deadpandiva says the alternative is to get one made
Any way here's the very first shoots these are always the worst styles wise , I do not know about any of you it takes my time to figure out or find something that works with each new thing.
apencil.jpg

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
The length looks pretty good there -- the traditional rule of thumb for that type of skirt is that the ideal length has the hem hitting just at the top of the curve of the calf. You might go up half an inch or so, but I wouldn't go any higher.

Lilydelacruz

New in Town
My pencil skirt from Torrid is one of my all time favorites. I considered going and buying 8 more because it does have stretch but is snug in all the right places!!!!!!!!! I generally wear shapewear underneath to sleek everything out, but its just lovely. I have another pencil skirt that is a teensy bit too snug. I followed the measurements exactly but it hugs my tummy a bit more than I would like. Its from Living Dead Souls. That said...its fab....just fab!

TheRedSquare

New in Town
Oh and I've been lusting for a Mode Merr skirt....so good to know that it doesn't have stretch.

It depends on the fabric. I ordered the black perfect pencil skirt and it did indeed have stretch. I haven't had a chance to wear it yet because I am waiting on a different size, but it was fantastic to say the least.

Lilydelacruz

New in Town
Thanks for the info! I know they routinely have sales, but not sure if the perfect skirt ever is on sale there...I think so! I'll have to watch it more carefully!

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
I'll bite to show fit.

This is my Mode Merr skirt, which is the same as this one, only with different detail. I love it, but it does not fit like it does on the model. Hers might be a size too small. As said above, there is no give at all.

PencilSkirt002.jpg

Next, the pinafore pencil skirt from Vivien of Holloway. It fits well down the leg and backside and the quality is great, but I had to alter the waist because it was much too snug. If you order from Vivien, make sure you order the next waist size up (example: if you have a 24" waist, order the 26"). I did this on my next order, and the waist fits perfectly.

PencilSkirt001.jpg

And finally, the Perfect Pencil Skirt by way of pinupgirlclothing.com. This one is my favourite fit - quite snug all the way down, high waisted, lots of stretch - but the quality is awful. The back seam ripped all the way up when I got out of my car, and the darts needed re-enforcing pretty badly. Since I fixed it, it's now a great skirt, but not for $64.00. Don't waste your money.

PencilSkirt003.jpg

I love the skirt with the poodle! How awsome! And the shoes are fab too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner