Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Phantom

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Glengarry Glen Ross

Oh boy........if you guys haven't seen this, you MUST!! It's not "Golden Era" at all, but as far as acting goes, maybe one of the best movies ever made.
It's based on a David Mamet play (I'm actually going to see it on Broadway in June!), and has some of the most brutal dialogue that you'll be quoting for weeks after seeing it. Alec Baldwin's scene was written just for the movie and it's, by far, the best thing he's ever done. See it NOW!!
flat-top

flat-top said:
Oh boy........if you guys haven't seen this, you MUST!! It's not "Golden Era" at all, but as far as acting goes, maybe one of the best movies ever made.
It's based on a David Mamet play (I'm actually going to see it on Broadway in June!), and has some of the most brutal dialogue that you'll be quoting for weeks after seeing it. Alec Baldwin's scene was written just for the movie and it's, by far, the best thing he's ever done. See it NOW!!

I'll take your word for it. Doesn't sound like something I want to see. ;)

Jake

One of the Regulars
Taxi from the Phantom

Does any one know what kind of car was used for the Phantoms' taxi? Was it some sort of 4 door Cord? The fenders didn't seem to connect directly to the body.

Jake said:
Does any one know what kind of car was used for the Phantoms' taxi? Was it some sort of 4 door Cord? The fenders didn't seem to connect directly to the body.

Gee, I am not sure. I did find a partial picture of the cab but it doesn't tell me anything other than it has suicide doors in back. ;)
Here is the photo:

cob.jpg

Maybe it can help someone else identify it.

Regards to all,

J

zeus36

A-List Customer
I got a pair of those sunglasses from Burger King when Wild Wild West came out in the theaters. (Very dissapointed with that film)

Cheap, but they look the same.

Cost me about 2 bucks.

I too, enjoyed the Phantom and was able to catch it in the theaters twice. Great clothes, especially the New York scenes. Treat W. has a great DB suit, nice and fuzzy.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Sunglasses

I have a pair of sunglasses like those that I bought when the 2nd Matrix came out. Search online for glasses like the character Seraph. THey look like the glasses that the chinese emperor in The Last Emperor wears.

ray

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Not a great movie. A few good looking sets and costumes but a snooze from start to finish. Treat Williams' office looks great, and, yes, Billy Zane looks great in period. Also a treat: Catherine Zeta Jones when she was ravishing done up like the Valkeryie from the 40s Airboy comics - nice. But then there's that derisible pirate cove that looks like it was borrowed from an amusement park; and why are all the cars in New York so clean, and why do they travel so slowly and why are they so perfectly spaced from one another?

It's dull films like this - and the equally dull but much better-looking Shadow, or the "cool" but lifeless Sky Captain - with no real life and no real thrills that kill the likelyhood of there being any other big budget period adventure movies. :cry:

Maybe King Kong will turn it around.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KING KONG!

"Maybe King Kong will turn it around."
I can't WAIT for King Kong, and I'm thrilled that Peter Jackson didn't take the easy way out and make it modern!!
flat-top

The bad guy in the film, I forget his name, has a great suit too. I could use ten of those. :p
It is a film where you just watch it and not think about the acting or anything else. You can't compare an action film to a "chick flick" that gets Oscars like Love Story for goodness sake. You couldn't make me watch that even if I was handcuffed and chained to a chair. :p ;)

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy