Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Photography Of Seimon Pugh Jones

Eyemo

Practically Family
TessTrueheart said:
I love that namne, Rhodri. I just realised I know nothing about Wales. Now I'm off to wikipedia!:)

Wales is a very cool place... Great Castles, great country full of mystery... and Anthony Hopkins, Richard Burton,Catherine Zeta Jones..Ray Milan, iowan Gruffydd, Dylan Thomas.. Want more?.. first ever radio signals broadcast...and first ever beer in a tin..:) :) :) I'm so happy to be Welsh!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I don't know how I managed to miss this thread!

Eyemo, these are incredible images! I'm at a loss, here! The quality of these shots is beyond words.

Absolutely incredible!

alexandra

Practically Family
These pictures are phenomenal and I feel jealous rage at the people who get to be in them lol

As a side note, when I was living in England one of my best, best, best friends was Welsh. I didn't explore Wales, but he made it seem like a great place and I've always intended to see more of it than I have (which is next to nothing).

Eyemo

Practically Family
Thank you Mr Newpostcustom and Alexandra... Guys, Your making me blush and I'm turning obnoxiouse and arrogant (Spelling?) with your nice remarks.

Who was your friend and where was he from?.. I bet I'm related to him LOL!!. if anyone plans a visit to Wales, get in touch... more than happy to advise on where to go etc...:)

alexandra

Practically Family
He was from a really tiny place outside of Llanelli. He was a good guy, but not much of a Welsh accent because he had a weird and yet hilariously monotoned voice from speech therapy as a kid.

Eyemo

Practically Family
Told you... I new it!! I'm 5mins from Llanelli...Google map Pontyates and Llanelli is next to it..:eusa_clap

Eyemo

Practically Family
Pwll (Pool) is just outside the industrial town of Lanell(i)(Y) or Slash as the Yanks uesd to call it during the war, because they couldn't say Llanelli..You Guys!!... Cool !.your invited to the best 40s dance ever.. Bring your Welsh friend.

alexandra

Practically Family
Eyemo said:
Pwll (Pool) is just outside the industrial town of Lanell(i)(Y) or Slash as the Yanks uesd to call it during the war, because they couldn't say Llanelli..You Guys!!... Cool !.your invited to the best 40s dance ever.. Bring your Welsh friend.

Alas, I lost contact with my Welsh friend/all my friends from across the pond except an old boyfriend who moved to Canada all creepylike.

May I still come to the best 40s dance ever sans Welsh friend? Or is it like instead of a stamp/wristband you need a Welsh friend to gain admittance! lol

Eyemo

Practically Family
Well, the wheels are in motion..just waiting for the Ok. And of course the invitation is there..:)

Warbaby

One Too Many
Eyemo - there's nothing I could possibly say that would express my admiration for your work. It's not only the best historic recreation photography I've ever seen, it's some of the best photography, period. The lighting, the composition, everything is simply perfect.

Eyemo

Practically Family
Go on then,...One more..Enjoy!:)
HTFBritishTommy21m.jpg

RIOT

Practically Family
Eyemo said:
Riot, I'll be posting a lot more Nam stuff on our new website..Dug this one out for you!..
Cheers,
Seimon

097.jpg

Seimon, thank you for posting this. Excellent excellent work! I can't say enough.

You have captured the fatigue of war look on this troopers face. Being in the moment it seems that he had lost a couple of his buddies that day.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Eyemo said:
Told you... I new it!! I'm 5mins from Llanelli...Google map Pontyates and Llanelli is next to it..:eusa_clap

Llanelli! My favorite! I once toured the Buckley's brewery there and still have bar towels and coasters from my visit. What was their slogan?...."First Round Here!"

I have a fantasy of the late Pete Ham sipping a Pale Ale at a Buckley House while writing song's like "Without You" and "Day After Day".

Bro Buckley

-dixon cannon

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Eyemo said:
Wales is a very cool place... Great Castles, great country full of mystery... and Anthony Hopkins, Richard Burton,Catherine Zeta Jones..Ray Milan, iowan Gruffydd, Dylan Thomas.. Want more?.. first ever radio signals broadcast...and first ever beer in a tin..:) :) :) I'm so happy to be Welsh!

.....and Pete Ham!

Eyemo

Practically Family
Hey Mista, Take my picture!!..put it in tha paper

Hia all,
A bit self indulgent maybe, but as we are a new business,we need as much promotion as we can get;) ...Just like you folks here in Fedora Land to now a little more about TIMELINE, my business partner Yvonne and myself... Plus we get our webpage proof read.:)

Thanks all... Seimon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABOUT US PAGE http://www.timelineuk.com/aboutus/aboutus.html

TIMELINE is Yvonne Hellin Hobbs and Seimon Pugh Jones. Both veterans of the film and television industry, Seimon and Yvonne decided to join forces and use their combined skills and talents to produce a unique product, reconstructed images from history.
After studying photography at Dyfed College of Art until 1985, Seimon went on to work as staff photographer at the Gwendraeth Valley Archive Project and then for the MoD Pendine, where he developed his skills in high speed and aerial photography and video production. There followed a three year spell as lighting cameraman with Cwmni Hon Aberystwyth before joining the National Library of Wales as preservation officer, restoring and preserving their photographic archive until 2003.
In his spare time Seimon has always collected uniform and memorabilia, particularly vintage cameras, and enjoyed participating in World War II re-enactments, and photographing them. This led to his involvement in Steven Spielberg’s Saving Private Ryan film, in the webbing department, and, in 2000, a stint as a one man vintage camera unit on HBO’s Band of Brothers series, in which Seimon not only appears on screen, but also supplied the 16mm vintage film sequences that were so authentic, Mr. Spielberg himself thought they were undiscovered archive footage!
Seimon has since been involved in many television and film productions in posts as diverse as reconstruction co-ordinator, supplying props, costumes, locations and actors, notably for Battle Stations for the History Channel, to make-up artist on the recent History Channel documentary about the SAS, The Originals, and another stint as vintage camera unit, in costume and on screen in BBC’s D-Day 6-6-44, which followed the wartime career of real life wartime photographer Robert Capa.
One day in 2003 Seimon had a phone call from Texas, USA, asking if he would like to join the staff of a brand new history magazine called Armchair General. There followed a four year period of bliss for Seimon. In his words; “I was to receive scripts and ideas from the States and translate them into photographic reconstructions. This was an amazing opportunity for me to develop my ideas, further my skills and to create images that were unique in their style and content. I was to be totally responsible for photo shoots, including location, actors, lighting, effects, make-up, costume, direction and post production for America’s biggest history publishing company.
I loved every minute of it; it allowed me to develop my skills and style in such a way that would otherwise have been totally impossible for me. For this, I am eternally grateful to my ex boss Eric Weider, a wonderful caring employer, for those extraordinary opportunities that he gave me. The images on this website are a direct result of those years with Armchair General Magazine.
Thank you Eric!
Seimon now looks forward to using his talent and skills in wider fields of entertainment and heritage to produce commissioned images for TIMELINE clients.
Yvonne Hellin Hobbs began her career in film and television costume on the first series of Robin of Sherwood in the early 1980’s. For the past 25 years she has worked as wardrobe assistant, then wardrobe mistress, supervisor and assistant costume designer on films and TV productions including Batman, Lady Chatterley, The Fifth Element, Alien 3, Sense and Sensibility,D-Day 6-6-44, The Iceman Murder, Silent Witness and Supernatural, to name but a few. She is used to working in period settings, with period costumes and organising the dressing of large numbers of actors and extras.
During those years Yvonne has also run a business dealing in period kitchenalia and studied, achieving a Bachelor’s Honours Degree in Humanities and a Master’s Degree in History. In the last few years Yvonne has developed her writing skills and regularly contributes to homes and interiors magazines, finding suitably interesting homes, styling and setting up photo shoots then writing the copy.
She is currently undertaking an MA in Museum Studies, to enable her to take a more hands on role in heritage exhibition, a field where TIMELINE will come into its own.
Between them Seimon and Yvonne, with their passion for history, authenticity and style, and their working knowledge of photography and film, feel that they have a unique package to offer anyone who needs images from the past, either moving or still, to enhance any project, large or small.

zaika

One Too Many
W. O. W.

:eek:

count me as one of your growing number of fans. i'll be checking out your website when i get home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner