Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Photography Of Seimon Pugh Jones

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Eyemo,
Thank you for using medium format and for not using photoshop and for keeping everything I love about the hobby of photography alive.

What Ansel Adams is to landscapes you are to historical recreations.

Desi

Eyemo

Practically Family
Great War Picture...

In Remembrance.

This is my little tribute to the Soldiers who fought in the Great War…Hope you like it.

GANikonDigital-2.jpg

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Very nice. It always makes me happy when someone honors the men of the great war. They seem to be so forgotten by most today.

Sort of sends chills down the spine how realistic the soldiers in the photo look; then the angel sort of transcends time with a more modern look. A very interesting effect.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I really like the idea and execution of the photo, but the woman's haircut seems too modern.

Eyemo

Practically Family
I didn't want it to be the typical cliche Angel..Hence the hair and no wings..:)

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Lefty said:
I really like the idea and execution of the photo, but the woman's haircut seems too modern.

It is true that she doesn't have the hair style(s) of the late teens. I was sort of under the impression that this was intentional?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I understand the idea of not going traditional, and did read the link before commenting. I just think she's a bit too dated. Her haircut isn't only not the traditional view of an angel, it's more the haircut of an adolescent pop star within the past 5 years. I think that the photo is great, but I also believe that in 10 years, one will easily be able to date it by the haircut.

In the photo, she reminds me of the actress in Law and Order, Criminal Intent
kathryn+erbe.jpg

Eyemo

Practically Family
Thanks Guys.... I think I may be doing more of this kind of subject matter due to the positive comments...Cheers!!:)

just_me

Practically Family
Great shots. Thanks for posting them. Have you printed them in B&W? It would be interesting to see that.

Eyemo

Practically Family
I did, and must be honest, the image looked like I'd photoshoped the angel and the soldiers together...So I've stuck with the colour version as taken.
Cheers,
Seimon.

p51

One Too Many
Eyemo said:
BTW, Have you got a copy of the new book "Ink and Images" Uniforms and Insignia of War Correspondents and War Photographers?..
I just saw a reference to that book off an eBay listing today, had never heard of it before. I found your post on a internet search for info on the title itself. Does it mostly cover US stuff or all nations? How extensive is the WW2 section? I was actually doing some research into writing such a book myself but now that one is already out, perhaps that's another project I don't have to complete!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner