Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The planet Mars, as if you were there.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It does look a bit like some dry desert areas that I have visited or camped at. What a lonely place ...and so very far away. It’s looking increasingly as if colonizers might be able to extract below-ground water. It’s hard to wrap my head around the concept of people volunteering for a one-way ticket to Mars.

Edward

Bartender
It does look a bit like some dry desert areas that I have visited or camped at. What a lonely place ...and so very far away. It’s looking increasingly as if colonizers might be able to extract below-ground water. It’s hard to wrap my head around the concept of people volunteering for a one-way ticket to Mars.

I love the idea of living in Space, or underwater, for a while, but I'd want first to be certain of the life support systems being as near infallible as durnit!

It's difficult to keep in mind that this is an inhospitable far away planet when everything looks so familiar. I don't about you but I was looking around for suitable places to camp. :D
Definitely reminds me of the deserts between Los Angeles and Las Vegas. More to the point, I was reminded of seeing For All Mankind (1989 - a documentary about the various moon landing missions) for the first time at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood (California). "Magnificent desolation." - Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou