Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Resistol Roundup

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Nice job on both of those.I really like the brim on the Indy hybrid. I don't know if I'm going to keep this one as a western however. I'm thinking of converting it to a 2 3/4 inch brim fedora so I'll get more use out of it. I'm just not into the western style enough to have 3 cowboy hats.

My friend is going through all her old sewing stuff to try to find some vintage millinery ribbon for me. Hopefully she can find me a bunch of interesting stuff to dress it up with. :)

I'll post results when it's done.

Thanks moehawk. I'd love to see the results once it's converted. Stagecoaches seem to be a favorite for hat conversions with their tall crowns and pretty decent felt quality. I have four Stagecoaches. Two were converted to fedoras and the two I just re-blocked, I'll keep those Western.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I just picked up what appears to be a NOS Resistol 5X Open Road style in the original box. Has a Cavanaugh edge. looks totally unworn or very slightly at the most. At the price these are going for now I got a deal I couldn't pass on.

fedoralover

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
That's a heck of a find, fedoralover. I love the edge on that.

I'm wearing my reblocked Silverbelly Resistol Stagecoach. I finished sewing on a vintage contrasting thin ribbon with a campaign style bow.

I hid the stitching on the bow work...

Stagecoach_R_01.jpg

Stagecoach_R_02.jpg

Stagecoach_R_04.jpg

Stagecoach_R_07.jpg

Stagecoach_R_05.jpg

Stagecoach_R_08.jpg

rclark

Call Me a Cab
That makes sense. It is referring to the felt finish not the dimensions and crease style of the hat. It appears that Resistol like to name their felt finishes after animals (Kitten, Panda, etc.) and their hat styles after cities or locations (San Antonio, Pecos, Waco, Alamo, Deming, etc.).

Mike,

I recently purchased a Resistol San Antonio style hat with a Kitten Finish. I will post photos sometime soon. It is my new favorite hat.

Rick

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Resistol Open Road Clone (San Antonio?) with Kitten Finish. First Resistol I've owned with an oilskin cover over the liner logo. The "X" designation is a little confusing per the number of X's next to the store name. It has a 2.75" brim and the felt quality is very impressive. The quality of leather on the sweatband is second to none I've ever handled. Besides one tiny smudge on the crown, this hat is in NOS condition. I'd love any help in ascertaining the age of the hat.

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Resistol Open Road Clone (San Antonio?) with Kitten Finish. First Resistol I've owned with an oilskin cover over the liner logo. The "X" designation is a little confusing per the number of X's next to the store name. It has a 2.75" brim and the felt quality is very impressive. The quality of leather on the sweatband is second to none I've ever handled. Besides one tiny smudge on the crown, this hat is in NOS condition. I'd love any help in ascertaining the age of the hat.

Real nice one. Sharp as a razor!

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Ha! Thanks Hatophile. Almost my entire collection is comprised of thin ribbons. I just don't really like to way I look in wider ribbons, one key exception being a grey Playboy mid ribbon that I think looks pretty decent on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou