Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE SATIN FINISH/LONG HAIR CLUB

rlk said:
4154284404_ec318af73c_b.jpg

Triple-stitched raw edge Hollywood-style 2-7/16" brim. 5-3/4" open crown. Black velour in excellent shape. This went for $20.50. Felt is very similar to my 7X CB Stetson but slightly less stiff. Taped sweatband seam with overstitched reed. The nicest velour I've encountered-- finely finished.

Very cool! Don't see many old Alpen style velours like this. I really like the black and white rope. Do you think it is from the 30s?

m000m000

One of the Regulars
Those two midnight-blue seal velour hats truly are a sight to behold. Simply marvelous.

Pity such things can't be made anymore, but then again I'm not sure I could live with the knowledge of having indirectly caused the slaughter of a couple of seal cubs because of my own vanity :eek: .

m000m000 said:
Those two midnight-blue seal velour hats truly are a sight to behold. Simply marvelous.

Pity such things can't be made anymore, but then again I'm not sure I could live with the knowledge of having indirectly caused the slaughter of a couple of seal cubs because of my own vanity :eek: .

I was told they are rabbit / hare felt. The slick - shiny finish is seal fur like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael