Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Very Best Vintage Cocktail - The Lounge Decides

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
So I was wondering what are the best/most popular classic cocktails? What I would suggest is that people post nominations and then we organise a poll.
This would probably work best if once a cocktail has been suggested you don't suggest it again.

For clarity a classic cocktail would be defined as anything Pre-1960.
I hope this will be an interesting little experiment. I shall start us off with:

The Sidecar Cocktail

Geez, I am torn. There are so many. The moscow mule, mai tai, old fashioned, Sazerac, martini, mint julep, aviation cocktail, hurricane, singapore sling. However the really old ones have a certain charm:
an 1898 cocktail invented at Locke-Ober---Ward Eight
1 or 2 dashes of simple syrup, to taste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 ounce orange juice
1 totally optional dash of orange bitters
1/2 ounce grenadine
3 oz rye whiskey
1 sprig mint
Shake with ice but not too much---it will bruise the mint. ;) Serve with ice in goblets---those Krome kraft ones are pretty good but they don't hold much.

Multiply this by the number of drinks you want to serve of it by the way. I multiply by 6 usually. :cheers1:
That's my list. :D

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
Tasty

BRONX COCKTAIL

1 1/2 oz gin
1 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 oz dry vermouth
1/4 oz sweet vermouth
Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a slice of orange.

rumblefish

One Too Many
What else says "Vintage Lounge" better than a slightly tilted martini glass with a skewered olive.

I nominated the Martini. Gin of course... stirred.

thunderstick

New in Town
thunderstick

i would have to go with a bourbon manhatten. even in college in the seventies when trendy wines, beer and other substances were the rage a manhatten was always my favorite. kind of set me apart when everyone was doing everything to try to fit in with the hippie style.

Hemerlin

New in Town
I second the Brandy Alexander :eusa_clap

I also like the Sours (esp. Whiskey or Pisco Sour) with egg white and a dash of Angostura (not fancy, but solid performers :)).
And for the following hangover breakfast, I'd suggest a Whiskey Flip with a whole fresh egg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner