Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thin ties...any thoughts?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Vintage is always the best bet, and you can usually find a skinny tie from the 60's here and there at local thrift shops. Hugo Boss makes solid black skinny ties, and so does a company called stringbean which may or may not still be in business.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
capt.sge.usn09.121206171009.photo01.photo.default-341x512.jpg
agm0055621.jpg
jtm0223351.jpg

brad pitt dec2006-NYC

Any fans of the thin tie look?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It's better than the super huge tie look.

I've been known to steal some of my dad's old inch wide new wave ties from time to time.

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Wear them sometimes, I have a blood red one and a black one, pair that black one with a short sleeve white shirt and black rimmed glasses and you to can be a NASA ground controller.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Trotsky said:
Wear them sometimes, I have a blood red one and a black one, pair that black one with a short sleeve white shirt and black rimmed glasses and you to can be a NASA ground controller.

Or Michael Douglas in "Falling Down".

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Come in Houston...

Thats funny, yes I have a few short sleeve white shirts that I like to break out in th summer. I also associate that look w/ NASA. But of course in the current era, even NASA doesnt dress like that anymore.

10075291.jpg

cant see the ties, but definitely short sleeves & glasses

Feraud

Bartender
I like it. I am expanding my appreciation of the different looks that are around. There is a place for fat ties and skinny ties.
I recently picked up a couple of thinner than usual ties. My wife likes 'em and they go with the narrower brim hats I own.

As an aside, Angelina could use a pastrami sandwich. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo