Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Think you're man enough to handle a BarnStormer flyboy...? No wimps allowed!!

Peacoat

Bartender
Dinerman, you never cease to amaze me with the stuff you have. Do you have a little bit of everything? I mean, I have an excellent collection of Peacoats and of leather jackets, but nowhere near the vintage leather you have. Plus, all the other items you post. Simply amazing.

alsendk

A-List Customer
Exellent barnstormer jackets DINERMAN. I remember you also have a 3/4 long swedish black coat, that - to my knowledge was used by the swedish airforce. Please post a picture of that one also...it might make Edward go crazy, as he is looking for a longer barnstormer

Last edited:

alsendk

A-List Customer
Exactly Dinerman! Thank you. I also have one myself, but I am temperarily buried deep down in the south of China, with just my smartphone being the link to the outside world. As I remember the film Flyboys, the caracter actor, playing Manfred von Richthofen wears a coat not that far from this one I think. It's a well made coat, horsehide, and very heavy, but very warm indeed. Are still to be found on the bay now and then

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I know they're not leather, but if I could find me a good, large-sized M1909, I'd jump on it.

Here you go.

That is nice.... very MvR!

Exactly Dinerman! Thank you. I also have one myself, but I am temperarily buried deep down in the south of China, with just my smartphone being the link to the outside world. As I remember the film Flyboys, the caracter actor, playing Manfred von Richthofen wears a coat not that far from this one I think. It's a well made coat, horsehide, and very heavy, but very warm indeed. Are still to be found on the bay now and then

I've got FlyBoys sitting on DVD to watch yet... didn't realise the Baron was in it. It's very much like a coat I've seen being worn by the historical MvR, though. Nice!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Biggest one in this style I've ever run across. I'll eventually be selling it. Which d pocket? I've been lucky and run across a couple lately.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Even runs a bit big for a size 50 with a 58" chest measurement. With that hand written size tag, that had to have been a custom order (not to mention that style was almost 15 years out of fashion by the time this one was made).

Silence infidel!!!!!

That coat is MINE, MINE, MINE do you hear me? MINE!!!!!!

Worf

PS Besides it never gets cold enough in your neck of the woods fer you to wear it anyway!!!!!!

:)

LMAO! OK big feller, you got first dibs on it.
I was looking as I go to Montana 1-2x a year now and that's where I'd wear it...

But for sure, it would likely fit you better you big lug!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
There's a size 46 used brown FQHH Barnstormer for sale at a store in Long Beach Butte...not sure how that would fit you. PM me if you (or anyone in that area) want its whereabouts!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Worf, if you are buying it, I won't bid (sorry Dinerman). I have one close enough to it
and it doesn't get cold enough here (I'd remove the shearling).

Dinerman, I saw a pic of a d-pocket (black, not white) on your blog. But do let me know if you find any
around size 50.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Nah.... I've a Canadian one already... and I'd actually be swimmin' in that now. I've also just ordered a Battered Brown Barnstormer from Thurston Bros.... so, she free and clear. Just havin' some fun with Da California Kid!

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy