Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Think you're man enough to handle a BarnStormer flyboy...? No wimps allowed!!

Nirvana

New in Town
:eusa_doh: My apology, it is under Mark Moyer's picture trail, customers jackets. I think you have to find the Barnstormer jacket and click on it.

But I am still thrilled about the jacket...It is everything I could ask for.

Nirvana

P.S. When I got all excited, I didn't get any on the jacket!!!!

1911 Man

A-List Customer
Anyone own an Aero Barnstormer?

So I just this week placed my order with Mark for an Aero 1940 contract A2. I was thinking for my next purchase, a 3/4 length belted leather coat, and the Barnstormer looks to fit the bill nicely. The pics on Mark's ebay store are nice, but I would like to see some on people. If anyone owns one and can tell me about it and post some pics, please do so. Thank you.

MJCR

One of the Regulars
Salv said:
This is a good Barnstormer thread with photos of my cordovan version, and MJCRs brown one, plus a link to a photo of Baggers' in his brown jacket, and some discussion of linings.

The one I'm wearing in the pitures on the thread mentioned above is great. It's very warm and I went with the cotton drill lining - I'm pleased I followed the advise of others regarding that as I'd hardly be able to wear it with the wool lining.

Overall it's been fantastic, I'm already looking forward to the colder weather so I can start wearing it again!

Regards

Michael.

HDRnR

A-List Customer
I highly recommend the Barnstormer, I have one in cowhide, I wear it here in NJ/NYC in the winter. I ordered it one size larger to wear heavier sweaters underneath. People always comment on it when they see it and say "wow i didnt know they made stuff like that anymore".

Nirvana

New in Town
My barnstormer

I wish I knew how to post a picture with my reply, however...:eusa_doh:

If you go to Mark Moyers home page, and go to the Barnstormers, you will see mine, it's the Russett Jerky Horse hide, with the drill linning. I love it.

Mark was fantastic to work with. It fits me perfect.

I wore it last winter and spring with a roll neck under, dark brown trousers. Also I wear it with a Baker Boy cap. What a combination.

Nirvana

RetroRich

New in Town
Howdy everyone! I have the brown Aero Barnstormer in heavy steerhide with the tan Alpaca lining.Its a beautiful jacket but far too warm for the increasingly mild British winters!I also have a brown,front-quarter horsehide Aero Rallye with the same lining & that's even warmer!
My next one will definitely have the cotton drill lining.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Anyone own an Aero Shawl Collar Barnstormer?

Dear all,

Has anyone purchased this jacket?
What is your experience with this beauty?

Regards:

Tom

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
USAuthentic/Flightjackets.com Barnstormer leather

I can't believe I'm asking this, but it looks like new leather gear is what the wife and I are wanting for next winter. Never thought I'd live to see the day, but she wants an oversized B3 shearling to snuggle down into and...

Anyway...

I am completely taken with the Barnstormer at flightjackets.com. That thing just trips all the right triggers with me.
One thing I find confusing about the site, though.
I can't tell which leathers and colors the Barnstormer is available in. Now sure, They'll accomodate whatever I want, but the price jumps can hurt us real fast. We are budget-fanatics and like to know how deep the water is.

The A2 page seems to cover a variety of leathers. Are those available for all the jackets? If a leather costs extra (like the vintage goatskin, which adds $50) do I just add that to the jacket cost, or do I add $150, cost of leather AND the custom charge together?

It's a little confusing. I'm wanting the Barnstormer in Black or Seal Brown, goat or horsehide, with leather cuffs and waist, if you're curious as to how I've gotten turned around and mixed up.

Those of you who've done business with them, thank you for any advice.

Tommydean

Familiar Face
Call up Shaul he will answer any questions you may have. i bought an A-2 in
seal horse and had it custom made because of my hight and even had a patch sewn on were i wanted and he did it right!!! as far as the drop down
menue he has for each model of jacket, you just pick the one you want and what leather you want and it adds it up when you check out. I like US/A's
products, the leather is nice-n-thick!!:D
US/A-everyday-tough-as-nails
Tom

MJCR

One of the Regulars
It is odd that it doesn't seem to specify the leather. I bought the A2 from them in seal brown horsehide, size 50R and I asked for side entry pockets (I know, I know, an offense against the A2, but I like pockets!) and ended up paying about $100 extra per option, which did hike the price up a lot. My main reason for going with them, despite the fact that I could have bought an Aero or Eastman for around the same price, was because of their willingness to provide extra options such as side entry pockets, inside pockets (yes, I even had an inside pocket added!) which was not possible with any of the other well know makers. Shaul was very good at getting back to me about specific questions though, so I'm sure a quick email will sort it out for you. He also often recommends ordering the standard version of a jacket for size purposes, then returning it in favour of a custom option that you know will fit!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
For what it's worth, Shaul runs a very small shop (just a step above a garage operation), so he can really be on top of every custom order. Though US A's low prices can rapidly rise as you add options, they can make you exactly what you want very quickly.

I've had one of their horsehide A-2s for six years, and while it may not be the world's most accurate repro, it's one mega-tough thing of beauty!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum