Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

Bad, I'll deal with it - I'm never for putting off bad news, would rather get it and start attacking it right away.

Shaw Walker or Globe Wernicke (I'm doing my best Vitanola imitation with this one)?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Globe Wernicke. Matches my existing office furniture. They also made sectional phonograph record storage shelves which will fit in with their ordinary sectional furniture, and even built a phonograph which would replace one shelf unit.

I am trying to keep my questions "of the era", sometimes a difficult thing.

"Mechanix Illustrated" or "Popular Science"?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
2cp2fdh.jpg

Air Force A2 or Navy G-1?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Well, I'd choose the A2, for as a youth I wore my dad's A2 for years, replacing it with a couple of surplus jackets until the surplus became just too expensive.

"Memorial Day" or "Decoration Day"?

I had to Google Zupfkuchen (and I grew up next to German immigrants who baked all the time and frequented NYC's Germantown bakeries back when they still had a real German feel), but based on that - and the fact that adding chocolate never hurt anyone - I'm going with Zupfkuchen even though I've never had it (but it sounds like cheese cake with chocolate dough backed in).

American-style cheese cake (cream cheese-based, very dense) or Italian-style cheesecake (ricotta-based lighter and usually with some citrus flavoring added in through zest or small candied citrus pieces)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace