Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Roasted peanuts in a little brown paper bag.

The woman who lived in the house was apparently hurt jumping out the window, but seems to be OK otherwise. The authorities are calling the fire "suspicious," but aren't saying anything beyond that. The house is right next door to -- as in about ten feet away from -- the house where the meth lab was. Maybe it was some kind of druggie revenge hit, and they got the wrong address in the dark.

Believe in conspiracy theories or figure there's a simple explanation for everything?

Very funny timing as, just this morning, I read a piece on this:

http://www.mauldineconomics.com/this-week-in-geopolitics

I've always been agreement with the author - somethings are explainable simply, some things are the result of behind-the-scenes machinations, but I've never believed in some global cabal pulling incredible levers that rule the world.

Open-faced or traditional sandwiches?

P.S., very glad you are okay / sorry you had the night you did.

First.

Rhombus-quilted jacket or square-quilted jacket? :D

Rhombus (which I had to Google), but probably not something I ever thought of before when buying a quilted jacket (not that I ever went out with the expressed purpose of buying a quilted anything, ever).

Vienna Fingers or Nutter Butters (for our sandwich cookie friends)?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
First.

Limping Lizzie?

or

Leaping Lena?

(Marx Co)

"Amos & Andy's Fresh Air Taxi"

or "Old Jalopy" which in fact IS "Leaping Lena" which in fact is "Limping Lizzie" slightly different graphics over several different years production.

If I had to choose, though I'd take "Lizzie" Now when I was in college, I named my flivver "Calvin Coolidge", for on some cold mornings it would say "I do not choose to run". Senior year I bought a big eight-cylinder Paige-Detroit sedan, which I hopefully christened "The Mayflower", hoping that many a little Puritan would come across in her. Alas, I was disappointed.

Literary Digest or New York Times Review of Books?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I just spent the better part of an hour standing in the street in a filthy bathrobe with the seat torn out, so I guess that would be the answer.

Go straight back to bed or wait until the adrenaline wears off?

Great Guns! I hope that you are allright now. it will take a couple of weeks to come back to normal, I expect.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Everybody on the street got questioned today by an investigator from the fire marshal's office about whether anything "unusual" ever happens in the neighborhood. Well, now, where to begin....

Oh, and if those are the only choices, NYT Review of Books. Although I'd probably have it right next to New Masses on my coffee table.

Luce's Life or Cowles' Look?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner