Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

Nobert

Practically Family
:( I guess I really am invisible.

Hey, who said that? Is there someone else in the room?

Seriously, I often write these posts in a frenzy of deadline-induced anxiety, fearful that I will literally lose the thread if someone else responds while I'm trying to hunt up an image or something. That leapfrogging just happens sometimes.

I'm not familiar with either of the acts above, so I'll take Brox Sisters. The Trix Sisters are for kids.

Or Duncan Sisters:

Gadzooks. Just when you think your own spelunking into cultural history has rendered you immune to any squeamishness about blackface.

Chippendale or Eastlake?

Nobert

Practically Family
Country, or "Hillbilly" as they called it in the when. Nothing against Singin' cowboys or Texas swing, just my own personal taste.

The villain gets their just deserts, evil plans unravelled and meeting their grotesque end in a maelstrom of scrumptious justice; or the villain sees the error of their ways, reforms, makes amends and becomes an ally of the forces of good?

Last edited:

Nobert

Practically Family
Chesterfield. You can't smoke a trench coat.

Quilt or wool blanket?*

*For those of you who live where it's too hot for either, just insert "Banana leaf" or whatever you use.

The Great War for Civilization, of course!

Aladdin pre- cut homes or Sears Modern Homes?

Sears 'cause I've actually seen Sears homes versus having only read about Aladdin.

Fully paved driveway or two strips of concrete where the tires run with grass (usually struggling) between and on the far sides of the concrete?

Nobert

Practically Family
I've never even seen the latter option, that I can recall. I guess I'll take it, I'm in a reckless mood. Two strips of concrete.

Science museum or art museum?

I've never even seen the latter option, that I can recall. I guess I'll take it, I'm in a reckless mood. Two strips of concrete.

Science museum or art museum?

This is a pretty standard looking "two-strip" concrete driveway:
636981.jpg

And this is a very pretty one (and pretty house):
fe0b27cabd1eca941cebac656b4e19a1.jpg

As to your "this or that -" it is a tough one as I love both types of museum, but have to go with Art as there is nothing that replaces seeing original artwork.

Wood floors: Parquet or Herringbone?

This is a pretty standard looking "two-strip" concrete driveway:
View attachment 91240

And this is a very pretty one (and pretty house):
View attachment 91241

As to your "this or that -" it is a tough one as I love both types of museum, but have to go with Art as there is nothing that replaces seeing original artwork.

Wood floors: Parquet or Herringbone?
Herringbone.

Automobiles:

Duesenburg or Cord?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Herringbone.

Automobiles:

Duesenburg or Cord?

Duesenburg - name has more going on and the car seemed one tiny notch above Cord overall (in the crazy world of that era's over-the-top luxury cars)

If memory serves, Packard used two main hood ornaments (there were others and several versions of each):

Goddess of Speed
466a30800f6a63803773526d8ab99868.jpg

or

Flying Swann
4cf9e60da78cc5eccd884bd792e69172--rome-italy-birds.jpg

Duesenburg - name has more going on and the car seemed one tiny notch above Cord overall (in the crazy world of that era's over-the-top luxury cars)

If memory serves, Packard used two main hood ornaments (there were others and several versions of each):

Goddess of Speed
View attachment 91264

or

Flying Swann
View attachment 91265
Swan.

Just because I remember seeing them on Peterbilt trucks back in the day :D

Steak: Rare or well done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members