Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This "sucks"... the Hoover And Other Vintage Vacuum Cleaners

Forgotten Man said:
Yes, in that era, the man was the bread winner of the home and Hoover knew this of course! And would encourage that the best gift for your wife was that of a Hoover cleaner!

Here's another great Christmas ad:

hoover700.png

Ah, the good old days. That reminds me. I'll have to get the wife a new ironing board this Christmas. ;) :p

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Be careful my friend, I believe said "wife" is a member here too! ;)

Under my roof there's only one person who does the vacuuming... that's me! I enjoy it, using these old cleaners is part of enjoying the collection! They are fun to restore and even more fun to use... at least I think so. :D

When comparing the '26 Hoover model 700 to the Packard, the Hoover makes the Packard seem like a Ford model T lol The age isn't far off between the two... the Hoover is 1926 and the Packard could be the same year seeing the last patent date is 1924. The Hoover is a more complex machine, bigger and powerful... the Packard is a non roller brush, straight suction model, an interesting piece, a unique machine but, it's no HOOVER!

Forgotten Man said:
Be careful my friend, I believe said "wife" is a member here too! ;)

She is indeed and already knows what I think. ;) :p

Forgotten Man said:
Under my roof there's only one person who does the vacuuming... that's me! I enjoy it, using these old cleaners is part of enjoying the collection! They are fun to restore and even more fun to use... at least I think so. :D

You enjoy vacuuming? Good. I'll expect you by at noon on Saturday for a demonstration. :p

Forgotten Man said:
When comparing the '26 Hoover model 700 to the Packard, the Hoover makes the Packard seem like a Ford model T lol The age isn't far off between the two... the Hoover is 1926 and the Packard could be the same year seeing the last patent date is 1924. The Hoover is a more complex machine, bigger and powerful... the Packard is a non roller brush, straight suction model, an interesting piece, a unique machine but, it's no HOOVER!

So you have the Cadillac of vacuums there. ;) :p

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Say everyone who's paying attention to this thread, I'd sure like to see some photos of your Hoover's or vintage vacuums... let's hear some stories and maybe some history about some of the vacuum cleaners the comunity may have!

In the mean time, here's a link to a story about a kid who's all about vacuum cleaners... His name is Kyle Krichbaum and he's an expert cleaner collector! Even has a Hoover model O... the first Hoover!

http://blog.mlive.com/minorityreport/2008/08/kyle_krichbaum_vacuum_savant.html

I was about the same age when I started to collect lanterns and such.

Forgotten Man said:
Say everyone who's paying attention to this thread, I'd sure like to see some photos of your Hoover's or vintage vacuums... let's hear some stories and maybe some history about some of the vacuum cleaners the comunity may have!

In the mean time, here's a link to a story about a kid who's all about vacuum cleaners... His name is Kyle Krichbaum and he's an expert cleaner collector! Even has a Hoover model O... the first Hoover!

http://blog.mlive.com/minorityreport/2008/08/kyle_krichbaum_vacuum_savant.html

I was about the same age when I started to collect lanterns and such.

That boy really has it on the ball! Nice collection and an ability to fix anything at 13!:eek: :eusa_clap
Lanterns too now?! I just got in a Keystone Dark Lantern actually. ;) Do we need to start another thread for lanterns?
darkkystn1.JPG

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
That boy really has it on the ball! Nice collection and an ability to fix anything at 13!:eek: :eusa_clap
Lanterns too now?! I just got in a Keystone Dark Lantern actually. ;) Do we need to start another thread for lanterns?
darkkystn1.JPG

Oh yeah, Kyle is quite the collector... maybe I need to contact him and ask him if he has any lines on parts for my Hoover!

You know, I think I will start a thread just for lanterns! I have a healthy little collection of kerosene hot and cold blast lamps! I'll start the thread with one photo, and then I'll go home and take photos of some of the others I own and give a little history to them.

Good idea James!

Now, back to electric suction sweepers!

Forgotten Man said:
Oh yeah, Kyle is quite the collector... maybe I need to contact him and ask him if he has any lines on parts for my Hoover!

You know, I think I will start a thread just for lanterns! I have a healthy little collection of kerosene hot and cold blast lamps! I'll start the thread with one photo, and then I'll go home and take photos of some of the others I own and give a little history to them.

Good idea James!

Now, back to electric suction sweepers!

I'll add to that thread as well. The only one I could add here would be my Hoover Supremacy and that is a little too new. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn