Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on this Schott Bomber jacket?

Philalethes

A-List Customer
http://www.laredoute.co.uk/schott-leather-bomber-jacket.htm?ProductId=324222767&t=6

I have never spent this much on a jacket but I think I need to treat myself this month. Anyhow what do you guys think of the jacket??

I think it looks OK overall, but I don't like how the removable lining sticks out when the jacket is unzipped.

I also think it is overpriced. A 300+ pound jacket should have a real mutton collar.

If you want a similar-styled new jacket for cheaper, you may want to consider a G-1 repro from Gibson & Barnes or even U.S. Wings.

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
I second what Philalethes said. If you're paying that much the collar could be real mouton. With the current exchange rate you've got the advantage when buying from Gibson & Barnes, U.S. Wings, or U.S. Authentic. You could get a U.S. Authentic G-1 for 273.31 pounds not counting shipping.

SImilar to the USW G1 "Centennial" which I own and it costs under $200. It's a nice jacket too. Size UP one. It's a slimmer fit.
Not knocking Schott - I own 5 or 6 myself, but all at good, sale prices.

jimbo123

New in Town
I like the Gibson and Barnes one but I'd like one with pockets similar to the Schott jacket. Do they do customizations like that? I suppose I could ask Aero Leather if they could replicate that style.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
i had the schott. really nice and classic, tho more a post war pseudo motorcycle/travel style, or rather a civi version of the military G-1. it's become a classic in it's own right, understanding it is NOT a military or military issue-style jacket. i would have kept mine except they run short. i'm 6' and got a regular, and it went up over my belt when i lifted my arm, so that's the only caveat...and get a size that's a few inches larger than your chest size (my chest is 45, i got the 46 and it would have been fine if i'd gotten the long).

i'd definitely get it, but rather get it on u.s. ebay as there are dealers that advertise these brand new for less than the schott retail price. of course, make sure they have 100percent pos feedback...but it's a great jacket.

jimbo123

New in Town
Haha I ordered a size 38 and I receive a size 50. It makes me look like a gorilla!

I still love the style of the jacket but yeah I think I'm going to return it and get one with a better collar. The collar looks great in pictures but there's something not quite right about it when I wear it.

garzo

One of the Regulars
Actually, that particular Schott looks like an imported model and I don't think they're even available in the U.S., just in Europe.

Edward

Bartender
Puts me in mind of an Aero Highwayman with a mouton collar, in terms of the general design. That would be a really nice jacket if you want to go that route, though you'd also need to be prepared to spend double the money!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy