Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
The Vicenza is considerably less rigid, more pliable, lighter, and easier to wear right out of the box. I would choose the Vicenza over the CX FQHH every day of the week (unless I needed a suit of armor).

I agree 100%. I have 2 Aero Horween FQHH jackets, but after getting my hands on the full grain leather, I would never go back to Horween FQHH.

Roma

A-List Customer
The Vicenza is considerably less rigid, more pliable, lighter, and easier to wear right out of the box. I would choose the Vicenza over the CX FQHH every day of the week (unless I needed a suit of armor).
+1. But I've developed the craving for heavy weight jackets, I don't know why:), so if you haven't, Vicenza is the way to go.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
The Horween CXL is also Full Grain !!

They are two totally different hides. I have the FQHH and I love the jackets, but the grain on Vincenza, Shinki, and BK hides just pops out. That grain, combined with the weight, drape, and wearibility wins me over. The FQHH can exhibit some grain, but what really stands out to me in Horween FQHH is a waxiness.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have both Vicenza and a Tumbled Cordovan FQHH jacket. Don't for a second think that just because we all say Vicenza is lighter that it isn't still damn solid weight leather. It's still much MUCH heavier than anything you would find in a typical leather jacket.
While I really like my tumbled cordovan FQHH jacket the only reason I would buy a FQHH over Vicenza is because you can't get a cordovan Vicenza.

Jordon

New in Town
I have both Vicenza and a Tumbled Cordovan FQHH jacket. Don't for a second think that just because we all say Vicenza is lighter that it isn't still damn solid weight leather. It's still much MUCH heavier than anything you would find in a typical leather jacket.
While I really like my tumbled cordovan FQHH jacket the only reason I would buy a FQHH over Vicenza is because you can't get a cordovan Vicenza.

Same boat as you. I love Cordovan, if they offered it in full veg tan....easy choice.

Normal wear, color doesn't matter, I lean towards the cordovan a bit more. With the bike color....unsure :p

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Custom Aero jackets are starting to come through after the holiday break! Here's a very cool custom Ridley in Black Vicenza with contrast stitching and bold tartan...
Aero Ridley Black Vicenza Horsehide front.jpg
Aero Ridley Black Vicenza Horsehide tag.jpg
Aero Ridley Black Vicenza Horsehide chest pocket.jpg
Aero Ridley Black Vicenza Horsehide handwarmer pocket.jpg
Aero Ridley Black Vicenza Horsehide sleeve zip.jpg
Aero Ridley Black Vicenza Horsehide back.jpg
Aero Ridley Black Vicenza Horsehide side buckles.jpg
Aero Ridley Black Vicenza Horsehide MacLeod Dress Modern tartan lining.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Time to start thinking about an order for a Spring Jacket! Come on by the shop today from 12-5pm to browse our Aero, Vanson and vintage jacket selection or get fitted for a custom jacket...

Here's another custom jacket that just came through--Aero Premier 1920s Work Coat in Seal Vicenza Horsehide with Bottle Green Melton wool lining!
Aero 1920s Premier Work Coat Seal Vicenza Horsehide front.jpg
Aero 1920s Premier Work Coat Seal Vicenza Horsehide tag.jpg
Aero 1920s Premier Work Coat Seal Vicenza Horsehide back.jpg
Aero 1920s Premier Work Coat Seal Vicenza Horsehide button side cinches.jpg
Aero 1920s Premier Work Coat Seal Vicenza Horsehide Green Melton wool lining.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The shop is open today from 12-5pm...come on by to get fitted for our Aero February production batch or browse our selection of Aero, Vanson and vintage jackets!

Customized Aero Highwayman in Seal Vicenza Horsehide with medium weight MacKenzie Weathered tartan lining--

Aero Highwayman Seal Vicenza Horsehide front.jpg
Aero Highwayman Seal Vicenza Horsehide tag.jpg
Aero Highwayman Seal Vicenza Horsehide chest pocket.jpg
Aero Highwayman Seal Vicenza Horsehide back.jpg
Aero Highwayman Seal Vicenza Horsehide shoudler gusset.jpg
Aero Highwayman Seal Vicenza Horsehide MacKenzie Weathered tartan lining.jpg

Reactions: RJR

Vinny A

New in Town
Hi Carrie, are the seal vicenza jackets pictured on this page definitely seal and not in fact russet? Might be my monitor.. but they're looking very brown and russety from here..

gorgeous jackets whichever they are

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie, are the seal vicenza jackets pictured on this page definitely seal and not in fact russet? Might be my monitor.. but they're looking very brown and russety from here..

gorgeous jackets whichever they are

Hi Vinny A,

Definitely Seal...however, they seem to be photographing a bit lighter than usual...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner