Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie Tacks

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Guttersnipe said:
How about a "Bold Look" sized vintage tie clip? I've never been a fan of sticking tie tacks in my vintage ties, so I use tie clips from the era on my 40's ties.

Yes, I've got some of those, and like them a lot. However, I find that they sometimes stick out from below the jacket, and can shift position (stop being straight) at times. If your clips work out, though, then all the better.

de Stokesay

One of the Regulars
I just got about a dozen tie bars from the in-laws for Christmas so I now have a nice selection. For years, the only tie bar I had was inherited from my great uncle Dick, has the intial "R" on it, which is the same as my own initial, and dates from the 1930's. Unfortunately, he was shot-down flying spitfires over Italy with the Royal Canadian Air Force in 1942 or 1943. I still use this tie bar as it is my favorite, but it is nice to have a selection. I only use tie tacks if I am wearing a knit wool tie as these have a very loose weave and tend to be too narrow for my old tie bar.

de Stokesay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn