Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ties at Wally World

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm not sure how everyone feels about shopping at Wal-Mart (I'm sure there are at least a few critics), but I tend to haunt the store occasionally when I'm low on campaign financing.

Wal-Mart does NOT carry my shirt size, pant size, sock size or suit size so I'm unable to raid their stock of cheap quality, sweatshop threads...BUT their ties fit me just fine.

I would like to know if any of you have purchased ties at Wal-Mart and what you think of their quality. I'm referring to the George line of clothing, by the way.

I have quite a few of these little devils and they run somewhere around $11 a piece. All silk, handmade and usually decent designs. In my experience, I think they're pretty darn good considering their source. I haven't had any trouble with them yet, and in fact, others often mistake them for HartSchaffnerMarx ties.

Your thoughts?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
True story:

I had never been to Wal-Mart before, but was driving through Arizona and thought, "Why not?"

Went inside and saw one of the coolest ties ever. It was a perfect shade of golden yellow: not too gold, not too yellow, just right. Solid colored, all silk, with very wide tone-on-tone "stripes" in a herringbone pattern. Really wonderful, and very golden era-looking. I bought it for about $12. Goes great with navy blue.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
True story:

I had never been to Wal-Mart before, but was driving through Arizona and thought, "Why not?"

Went inside and saw one of the coolest ties ever. It was a perfect shade of golden yellow: not too gold, not too yellow, just right. Solid colored, all silk, with very wide tone-on-tone "stripes" in a herringbone pattern. Really wonderful, and very golden era-looking. I bought it for about $12. Goes great with navy blue.

never been in Wal-Mart....for shame for shame.....be careful.....it can start calling you in....

Marty M.

Vendor
Hey, what about Target.

Can't go there when you're from the land of Target. I'd be interested to know if there's been a thread of "Wal-Mart or Target"? It's like the "Sam's Club or Costco"? I'm a Costco guy. Although I don't buy clothes at either place (I get a better discount at another clothing store :D ).
Marty Mathis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace