Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tips needed on replacing the liner in an A2

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Right chaps, (and chapettes ;-) just looking for a bit of guidance here as I know a few of you have done this before.

I bought this jacket 18 months or so ago now, and love it! But it had several issues. The leather was great but the stitching was not, the bottom of the male part of the zip fell apart, and the lining was worn around the collar...

So I decided the I'd have to pull the lining out to resolve these issues properly...

Well I've now repaired all the dodgy areas of stitching on the jacket. Some with my vintage hand crank sewing machine where I knew I could follow the original holes, or just by hand. I've salvaged another vintage zip to replace the worn half of mine. And I've repaired the holes in the collar of the lining. I used some of the lining from the bottom of the sleeve, and then replaced that with a close match drill cloth I had.

Now I've got to put the thing back together... :rolleyes: The knits and half a zipper are still on the jacket. Where do I start? At the bottom, and work my way up? I've never done this before! I'm sure I can work it out but I'd appreciate any tips!

Cheers

CivvieA2027.jpg

collarsnaps.jpg

Oh, and apologies, I've not been on here much of late! I've started to edit a club newsletter and it eats up a lot of my spare time, so I don't get on here as often as I'd like.

Mike1973

A-List Customer
TTT...

Just trying to log in to VLJ, but I've not been on there for ages and have forgotten my password :eusa_doh: Doesn't help I think it may have been on a discontinued work address as well...

Any help appreciated :D

Peacoat

Bartender
Tell me your name at VLJ and I will PM Bill French. I have his email address somewhere, but can't find it now. In fact, send me a PM with your name and current email address, and I will give the info to Bill so he can contact you directly. It may be that you will have to start over as Bill won't know your password, but perhaps he could tell you how to reset it.

Mike1973

A-List Customer
I tried earlier Van, but for some reason I can't get it to work for me, keeps saying conformation code incorrect [huh]

It may be I'm already registered under my home email, not work? Anyway, the forgot password link didn't like me either :eusa_doh: :D

Peacoat

Bartender
Mike1973 said:
I tried earlier Van, but for some reason I can't get it to work for me, keeps saying conformation code incorrect [huh]

It may be I'm already registered under my home email, not work? Anyway, the forgot password link didn't like me either :eusa_doh: :D

Check your PM for the reply I got from Bill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo