Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Too good to be true? Optimo on EBAY

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Did any one catch this one? A 7 1/2 black Optmo on EBAY for just $45 plus another 10 or so for shipping? I'm not sure what I did... The details were sparse and the pictures were typical of ebay. In the end something told me to just get it. For $55 it might turn out to be a decent hat.

"This is a thick well made hat. Graham Thompson (optimo hat, Chicago,IL) made this for me. size 7.5 , a little to big for me, so it was stored for most of its life. comes with a box."

What do you folks think? Too good to be true? A decent fetch for $55 even if its been faked? I'll admit I reacted before thinking it through, but with a buy it now of only $45 I had to act and fast!

b02a1qb4.jpg

ad301fw1.jpg

af201bc5.jpg

ae341ft4.jpg

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^I'd say you did better than okay. There's no way it could be faked. They have a legit box and liner. And would it be worth it for $55. Congratulations!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks and sounds like a great hat at a great price! Congratulations.

PS for those who read a post I made this morning elsewhere - I told you OFAS reappear! ;) For those wondering - OFAS=Our Favorite Auction Site=Ebay.

editor note: the word is EBAY, NOT "OFAS."
-bartender

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Mike in Seattle said:
Looks and sounds like a great hat at a great price! Congratulations.

PS for those who read a post I made this morning elsewhere - I told you OFAS reappear! ;) For those wondering - OFAS=Our Favorite Auction Site=Ebay.

Another hat or vintage forum?

I really hope this is a legit auction. This is my third Optimo off the site and the previous two went for a lot more!

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
No rule that I have heard of. It was asked to just say ebay for clarity. With so many new members that do not know the terms, ebay is more straight forward. Just my 2 cents

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Each time someone uses the wrong term, we get a new thread. "What's 'OFAS'?" It is clearer, simpler, and no more keystrokes to type E-B-A-Y. While not a rule, we've asked, for the sake of saving bartender's time, that everyone simply use the proper term.

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
Each time someone uses the wrong term, we get a new thread. "What's 'OFAS'?" It is clearer, simpler, and no more keystrokes to type E-B-A-Y. While not a rule, we've asked, for the sake of saving bartender's time, that everyone simply use the proper term.

OK thanks whas just wondering why my thread was edited. this is a new one on me.

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Bull Moose said:
Wow, somebody got a deal.

Well, i sure hope so. I'll follow up with more once it's in my hands. I still have this feeling i made a bad ebay. Oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo