Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tootal - The Company History and its products (ties, scarves etc)

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Hey they're lovely Esteban. Especially the Polkadot one, but the other is great too. I'd love to have a Polkadot Tootal cravat but they always seem to go for premium prices (for the obvious reasons). Good finds! :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Esteban: I have always assumed that the open neckband was on early cravats but had never considered whether it was an austerity thing to save thread. However, if ou wanted to same fabric, it would actually make sense just to have a narrower neckband altogether. The open neckband is still wider than the pleated ones.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I've never pulled one apart TT but I figured you could nest the pieces easier, either way they use the same label I guess a dated illustration would be the only Concrete proof either way....I do like the in pleated ones best it has to be said!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
It could be four leaf clovers to go with the lucky horseshoes?

The scarf that's got it all! It's got so much you need to give it to me!!!!!!

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Some new additions:
Three Tootal scarves. My favourite has to be the blue one! A cracking Paisley.

That last one has had the fringe cut off at some point, and for some reason the label is sewn on at an angle. I assume someone was a little bit squiffy when they sewed it in the factory!

I had to get this cravat to compliment the dressing-gown TT sold me. I know there's a rule about double-denim, but double Tootal?...

Thanks!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
P.S. that yellow paisley is the most common of all styles. An absolute classic. But the blue paisley is the pick of the bunch!

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Thanks TT! I'm thrilled that I've found two matching items. Now I'll be on the hunt for more, and the whole cycle starts again...

Perverse to say, but I can't wait for a bit of cool weather, so I can unleash my scarves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran