Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trolley String

Pilgrim

One Too Many
That's a good answer. Personally, I own a number of hats with the wind cord/string/trolley and I never use it - too much bother. But I've thought about it a few times when the wind whips around.

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
I think they are very useful, used mine today, its terribly windy out in Palm Springs. They do add a decorative touch, a bit of class I guess.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
A hat with a wind trolly tends to have an impish personality. If you don't use the string, you will wish you had. If you use it, the hat will stay perched in place, no matter how windy it gets. This lulls you into not using it next time...I think our hats and the wind are conspiring together, against us! lol

Goose.

Practically Family
J.T.Marcus said:
A hat with a wind trolly tends to have an impish personality. If you don't use the string, you will wish you had. If you use it, the hat will stay perched in place, no matter how windy it gets. This lulls you into not using it next time...I think our hats and the wind are conspiring together, against us! lol
That would certainly be my "luck".

I don't have a hat w/ a trolly, but for the OP, here's a pic from our hat buddy, ValEag. It is the bottom pic of the post below. You can see the "button" of the trolly tucked near the bow.

Post: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=741838&postcount=50

Thread: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=741838#post741838

ValEag

One of the Regulars
Wind trolley installation

Colinlyne -

There is a very good thread explaining the installation of the Wind Trolleys that can found in the Sticky - "Start Here - Links to Important Hat Forum Threads". Or, just click here.

Basically, I believe it is just stitched in place under the ribbon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21