Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tweed jacket, looks good

JimInSoCalif

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
The vintage shops are worth the time browsing through.
I found this Harris tweed in just such a place.
DSC04218.jpg

Brick and mortar shops offer the opportunity to try on the garment before purchasing.

That is really a great jacket. I can't imagine anyone getting rid of it unless it is a fit issue.

tweedbowler

New in Town
Just a quick bump of this thread to say that I was not at all satisfied with an order for a tweed suit at this tailor's (internet order through their website, made to measure). Even though waist size was clearly specified, the jacket came with a very considerable 'comfort waist' for inexplicable reasons (as I have a 30" waist) and had to be VERY substantially altered in order to salvage it. I do not recommend them.

Ah.

This is one of the most common problems with online tailoring. The businesses tend to assume that you are under-measuring. And then, well, it is only MTM. Expectations should really be left at the door when dealing with online tailors. I'm sure if you went to the Leeds shop, the results would be much more satisfactory. Tailor-customer interaction is always preferable.

bk

Warden

One Too Many
Mine came from the OXFAM shop at Vintage, little pricey I thought at £60, but it was for OXFAM, so no complaints

bookster1uk

Vendor
We do find the odd genuine bespoke Harris Tweed, they are usually outstanding but relatively rare and they don't hang around. We stock our own select range of Harris Tweed cloth in vintage colourways for our made to order range, 1-2 or 3 button

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The video did not say when she went to Harris! But the Automobile was invented before 1846!
Oh Please, that was a lame vid.....But in any event..... just a little poke. BTW, there are fine tweeds other than Harris. ;)

bookster1uk

Vendor
Ah.

This is one of the most common problems with online tailoring. The businesses tend to assume that you are under-measuring. And then, well, it is only MTM. Expectations should really be left at the door when dealing with online tailors. I'm sure if you went to the Leeds shop, the results would be much more satisfactory. Tailor-customer interaction is always preferable.

bk
there are exceptions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic