Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Twin Peaks; Hank's Jacket

Destruct

Familiar Face
Anyone have any idea who made the jacket Hank wore in Twin Peaks? There's a thread from 2009 on here about James' jacket but Hank's remains a mystery. It's something I've been wondering for a while now and haven't been able to figure out online. It's a pretty awesome double rider and, in my opinion, the best of the leather jackets in the original show.

Looks to be some kind of CHP style double rider with belt loops. Could it be a Vanson?

MV5BYmYwZmI1YzQtMDhjZS00N2I1LTk5NjktOGFhM2Q1MzY5ZTQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDIzMzcwNjc@._V1_.jpg
Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 5.52.34 PM.png
Picture 46.png

Picture 12.png

I had always thought it's Vanson too but after watching the BluRay version, I have my doubts. Though the jacket seems quality, it's made from that cheap looking, artificially grained leather that Vanson never used AFAIK, and the sleeves appear much too baggy. My best guess is that it is some kind of whatever 90's CHP, like Hot Leathers kinda deal or any some such brand.

On the other hand, I've read on some Twin Peaks forum that it's a Langlitz made from discontinued heavy-weight cowhide which was indeed very grainy but I'm not sure...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner