Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

U.S. forces have captured former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein...

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
As you all know?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ THEY GOT HIM! If this is the first you read or heard of this, let me be the first to tell you?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ this is one of those events that you?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll always remember.

Right now, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m raising my glass to the service men and women of ?¢‚Ǩ?ìOperation: Red Dawn?¢‚Ǩ? who captured him. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m insanely jealous. THIS was the adventure of our generation. This is a very happy and special day!

Tmac

New in Town
That would be the best and most just way he could go, otherwise we will be in for years of legal wrangling, and no doubt be condemmed again by the world press, U.N. ad naseum for somehow violating his human rights.

I will join in the toast, although it's a bit early in the day.

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by MK
Thanks for posting this. This is a great day for Iraq and a great day for our President.

This is a great day for our troops as well. I have a cousin over there in the 4th ID who I know is feeling all kinds of joy today.
WAY TO GO GUYS!!!:clap :clap :clap

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Actually.....I think he will be interrogated for a long time. There is no way they are going to let this guy get bumped off.....even by his own hand......until they get a lot of answers about bank accounts, WMD, what happened to certain people....etc.

Sergei

Gone Home
I agree what a day. I especially like the way he was caught. Total coward. I just hope he doesn't become a coward. Now, we really need to hunt down Osama. That will be icing.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
I want to be careful with what I write?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t want my fellow members to confiscate my VRWC Membership card here.

I absolutely agree that we should bring this guy to justice and show him the errors of his ways. We should hold him accountable for every evil deed he?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s done since coming into power, and give him every ?¢‚Ǩ?ìincentive?¢‚Ǩ? for him to give us all the details about all the Weapons of Mass Destruction and access to all of his foreign bank accounts where he?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s hidden money that was supposed to go to feeding his people.

Every last dime that he?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s taken should be spent to make reparations towards his people, better healthcare, and better schools for EVERY child and better homes for every family.

His palaces should be stripped of every garish fixture and sold on the open international market and those palaces should be converted to state-of-the-art Hospitals for the people of the Middle East.

Hussien has been humilated, and he should be made an exsample of International Justice. He should be treated better then he deserves?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ as an exsample of how people SHOULD be treated, unlike the thousands he murdered.

[Althought, the thought of him at the UN him working as the night janitor at the Slurppie Machine would be kind of cool. Know how filthy those nozels get? Now THAT?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢S a weapon of Mass Distruction.]

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sadam

Unfortunately, I feel that the capture of "The Ace of Spades" will provoke increased pressure from those in the Middle East who HATE US no matter what. If we cured their diseases, paved their roads, taught their children, and so on...they (sic) still hate us. Those may say we are trying to take over the world, we have no business, who are we to judge...etc. We (USA) should let representatives from other nations sit in judgement. Sadam killed his people, and did many despicable things. He must pay for his evil ways. I am glad he has been caught. But he is unremorseful, and feels he did justice in his own country. Be careful applying your (our) American sense of rules and fair play when assessing a culture or society who do not suscribe to our way of thinking. Now...get a rope......

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
I am thrilled that Saddam is in custody! Thrilled!! Iraq and the Middle East are rid of that thug. Yeeeee-haaaw!

God bless the United States Armed Forces! God bless President Bush! God bless America!

As usual I am not at all interested in what the "international community" wants or thinks. Saddam is a prisoner of the United States.

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
I can't believe that out of almost ninety members there hasn't more responses to this thread. This is a good thing that has happened! Where is all the rejoicing?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I can't believe that out of almost ninety members there hasn't more responses to this thread. This is a good thing that has happened! Where is all the rejoicing?

I am happy we caught Saddam. I am still worried about our troops over their that will recieve retrobution from those that were against the war in the first place.

I for the record am and have been for the invasion, we should have done this in GB Seniors term.

I am for it not just to oust Saddam, but to keep the Terrorist battlefield on overseas soil and away from the US and civilians.

I think we can do great things overseas and with Saddam captured, hopefully the rebelling Iraqis that are still loyal to Saddam will give up.

mmarosy

One of the Regulars
They should broadcast that to all the countries who've been denouncing the U.S. since the start of the war. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
http://www.washtimes.com/world/20031216-113953-8003r.htm

This pretty much ends the debate, doesn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t it? When the Iraqi Foreign Minister chews out the United Nations for its inaction, it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a bad day for liberals.

[Notice that you can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t find that story on CNN?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ ]

Do sanctions work? Oh?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t know, maybe. Why don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t we ask the few million who were killed in the past 13 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner