Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected windfall $

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I have recently come into some unexpected money..certainly not life changing, but possibly wardrobe changing.. :)
(about $5,000). So the question I am putting out to you folks is, if given the chance what would you buy?
I've had my eye on the following:

Mister Freedom road champs'
CL-RoadChamps-May2010.jpg

A Himel Bros Heron:

images

Iron Heart Denim:

ih-666-xhs.jpg

Unfortunately I can't get them all, tell me what else I'm missing and add a pic of whats on your wish list..

Oooooo! The Heron, but get it custom to fit from HB...
That would be my gratuitous purchase.
The MF boots are nice, but there are so many other nice boots for 1/2 the price.

technovox

One Too Many
I would absolutely go with the Himel. I was lucky enough to find one on ebay recently, and the jacket is absolutely stunning. The horsehide has the most beautiful finish and quality I've ever seen. If money was no object, I would definitely get one custom fit (as mentioned above.) But personally, if it was my choice, I would go with their Kensington cafe racer.

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
Get the Heron and get it custom fitted. It's a stunner. As a consolation prize then also get yourself a pair of Frye Rand boots in tobacco brown. They are beautiful boots and only cost about 250 bucks rather than the Road Champs which are 950. Who gives a bollocks about jeans after that? You could be wearing Rustler's from Target and still be the best dressed guy in a twenty five mile radius.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for chiming in! The Himel is at the pinnacle of the jacket wishlist for sure.. although I have seen some great jackets recently from Norshor, Good wear, Diamond Dave, Bill Kelso.. it won't be an easy choice. I've been wanting the Road Champs for awhile so those must come off my wish list first! I just need to hear back from MF that my size is available. i'm on the "wait list"

What do you guys want??

What is the particular piece of kit you guys have been Jonesing for the longest?

The Heron is just one of those things that I just can't justify but want sooooo bad.
Funny how you guys have convinced me that $1k for a leather jacket is somehow OK... but $2k? That would take a "windfall"!!!!

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
What is the particular piece of kit you guys have been Jonesing for the longest?

Trim fitting zip sleeve highwayman with front yoke in grainy as hell midweight black horsehide, no zips on the handwarmers, no inside pockets and with a thick lining in the hunting tartan of the clan for which I am named.

Perfection.....

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Scuse me... could you help a fellow American down on his luck?" I need a new jacket and can't afford one!!!! (Boyo's always good for a touch).

Worf

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pack your bags, fly to Glasgow (hit the pubs), drive to Aero down by the border. Then, if you have anything left, head north to Edinburgh, then Inverness and points north. You won't regret it. Don't forget, though, that everybody splits in August.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
"Scuse me... could you help a fellow American down on his luck?" I need a new jacket and can't afford one!!!! (Boyo's always good for a touch).

Worf

Ah Worf, I've seen your quiver of leather jackets, and there are many... I've, but a paltry three.. I am the one in need.. maybe your A-1 :)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Consider Diamond Dave's Hyklas jacket, very similar to the Heron. DD's button hole details are 10/10.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Goodwear Ventura. The Heron is unattractive; looks like Little Lord Fauntleroy in leather.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy