Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unsure ABout What Size to Order in a Bill Kelso "House" A2

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I'm 5'9", about 150 and my chest measures 38". I'm torn between ordering a 38 and a 40. I'm looking for a "military fit" where I can't wear a sweater underneath (maybe a light vest). I'm pretty sure that the 40 will be too large, but I'm afraid the 38 will be too small and especially that the arms will be too short. In an earlier email, the Bill Kelso rep told me that that the house A2 was now 20" pit to pit (formerly it was larger) which sounds tight but the size 40's extra four inches in the chest seems like it would be roomy enough for a sweater and therefore too big for the look I'm after. Any help would be appreciated.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I have the house BK in size 40. I'm 5"9.5 and 170 with a 39.5-inch chest. I have a size 40. I wouldn't want it any smaller (or any bigger).I have enough
room in the chest area for a sweater, but not enough extra room in the shoulders for a sweater. In addition, the armholes are pretty trim and the arms themselves (esp. in the forearm area) are quite slim. I don't want it to sound negative as I think my jacket fits beautifully but it isn't oversized in any way. I can measure my size 40 and send you the measurements if you'd like, but I recall they measured exactly the same as Andy told me they would.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I have the house BK in size 40. I'm 5"9.5 and 170 with a 39.5-inch chest. I have a size 40. I wouldn't want it any smaller (or any bigger).I have enough
room in the chest area for a sweater, but not enough extra room in the shoulders for a sweater. In addition, the armholes are pretty trim and the arms themselves (esp. in the forearm area) are quite slim. I don't want it to sound negative as I think my jacket fits beautifully but it isn't oversized in any way. I can measure my size 40 and send you the measurements if you'd like, but I recall they measured exactly the same as Andy told me they would.

Since my chest is smaller, is that an argument for me to get the 38?

hyptul

Familiar Face
The sleeves of the 38 are no more than 1/2-inch shorter than the 40. If the OP was 6'3, it might be an issue. He's 5'9 and should be fine.
I am 6'0" and 48" in the chest. And the sleeves of Bill Kelso's 48R house jacket are shorter than necessary, by one inch.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I am 6'0" and 48" in the chest. And the sleeves of Bill Kelso's 48R house jacket are shorter than necessary, by one inch.

Perhaps you have very long arms in proportion to your height? Anyone else noticed BK house A-2's having short sleeves?

andyfalzon

Vendor
Unlike other manufacturers we give the measurement so that the customer can check exactly.
If you wear 38 and want military fit you got to take size 38.
The sleeves length is no problem, it can be adjusted according to your requirement free of charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic