Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unusual stains on my new Aero leather jacket

GHT

I'll Lock Up
A few days ago I got my new Aero leather jacket. It's great and I love it, except after a day or so I noticed weird blue stains on the inside collar, and even a little red stain near the zipper.
Now I have no idea if I somehow caused this,
A knee trembler in a leather jacket, not a good idea.

Moodles

New in Town
^^^ +1

I doubt that anyone other than the op would even notice what appear to be minimal blemishes although might try to apply a small amount of matching shoe cream and wipe into the surface until no residue remains. Maybe the result of some glitch in the dyeing process but who knows? Personally if it were me I would ignore it and enjoy the jacket.

Yeah Denny seems like a great bloke.

Yeah, this does not ruin the jacket for me. Hahaha, far from it. It's definitely one of those things that only the wearer ever notices, like a tiny spot on someone's face which makes them think they're ugly even though everyone else doesn't even notice and thinks they're handsome. It's one of those things you learn not to focus on with maturity I think.

Anyway, it's a great jacket and fit and I should post fit pics at some point...

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I get marks like that on my jackets from the make-up of all the chicks who keep throwing themselves at me. Usually buffs out.
I wipe stains off my jackets every week - mainly food.
Or if you dye your hair recently, with sweat the dye can do some reaction too since it contains ammonia and stuff.
This thread delivers!
It's definitely one of those things that only the wearer ever notices, like a tiny spot on someone's face which makes them think they're ugly even though everyone else doesn't even notice and thinks they're handsome. It's one of those things you learn not to focus on with maturity I think.
"Life is a gradual release from ignorance." - Sheriff Bob Braudis

Stand By

One Too Many
A dab of shoe polish of the right hue should help. Rubbed in, then buffed til it matches the leather.

Welcome to this section of the lounge, Moodles!

Yes, that's what I'd do too.
If it was a slightly bigger or more noticeable stain, I'd paint it out with a touch of acrylic paint and match the sheen with acrylic varnishes - and blend it in with shoe polish again.
Sure, it's something only you might notice, Moodles, but still, it's like I always say; you could go to Harry Rosen for a classy suit and drop $1500 on one. Then drop $250 on a shirt and $400 on shoes and get some cufflinks and new socks, then drop $400 on a new tie to put it all together - and what an ensemble that'd be!
But on your first function in the suit, if you get just a tiny drop of coffee or food on your tie, it doesn't matter what else is going on with your look - that drop of egg or sauce will be all that you see - even though nobody else ever will. It's a first world problem indeed, but we all take pride in what we wear around here and we all enjoy the details, so it matters. So I get this issue you have.
And if the shoe polish doesn't fully cut it, that's where a tasty drink helps - and let it go. You tried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn