Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UPDATE: New Aero "Stuart" from Insurrection Vintage: NOW FOR SALE in classified

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Just received this Aero Stuart from Insurrection. I can't beleive how nice this is. It's my first Aero and I'm thrilled with the quality and workmanship. Now I see what everyone here raves about.
UPDATE: Unfortunately, I've determined that the sleeves are a bit too short and will post FOR SALE in the CLASSIFIED SECTION for 800.00

P1010010.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010011-1.jpg

P1010002-1.jpg

P1010009-1.jpg

Last edited:

Enoch

New in Town
Nice looking jacket. I just noticed that shop mentioned on these forums last night and I'll have to make a point of going over there (Seattle) and checking it out. I happen to be in the same state. Sleeve length looks pretty good too. One of the things that drives me up a tree, when I buy something, is too long a sleeve length and trying to find someone who is competent to alter it. I still have a JCrew peacoat, from three or four years ago, hanging in the closet that I've never worn because I haven't found the courage to let someone alter the sleeve length.

mrc

Familiar Face
Incredible jacket! Just like the original 1920s half belt jackets that you can view in the Rin Tanaka (Sp.?) books! Great fit...I love all the Insurrection Aero jackets that have been showing up on this Lounge lately. Great shop...great jackets...great fits! Congratulations! By the way, what is the liner of the jacket?

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Incredible jacket! Just like the original 1920s half belt jackets that you can view in the Rin Tanaka (Sp.?) books! Great fit...I love all the Insurrection Aero jackets that have been showing up on this Lounge lately. Great shop...great jackets...great fits! Congratulations! By the way, what is the liner of the jacket?

Came with cotton drill liner. The pics of the lining are from their site, but this is actually my jacket. Goes great with the black hide.
stuart.jpg

stewart.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Nice! I find a zip more convenient on a leather jacket, but one day I might well go for one of the Stuart models, they have a great look to them.

mrc

Familiar Face
I've determined that the sleeves are a bit too short and will post in classified for 800.00. BRAND NEW with TAGS!

Brian

Man, wish I was a 40 in the Stuart...the sleeves look great to me...IMHO perfect sleeve length, right below the wrist bone.

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Man, wish I was a 40 in the Stuart...the sleeves look great to me...IMHO perfect sleeve length, right below the wrist bone.

Yes, they are perfect length, but extra is needed with an Aero. As the sleeves break in you can loose a bit of length. And I don't want to risk it.

QTime

New in Town
Well, make sure that you will lose hell a lot of money on this jacket.

Not quiet sure if you really spent 1.1k for this jacket because the normal price is 825$ new but sure, your thing.

I dont think you will sell this for 800$ - more like 600$.

Good luck selling!

NowOrNever

Familiar Face
Take your time THEN decide?

Saucerfiend... this is just my opinion but I think the fit of the jacket & sleeves is very good. I don't think the sleeves will ride up much with wear.
Other people have said it is minimal when it does happen... Wouldn't you risk the sleeves looking too long, if you get added sleeve length?

It is your descion of course if you want to sell that jacket for another. I have lost count the times I have read of dissapointed people who have purchased badly fitting jackets in one way or another. I really think that yours is a very good fit... maybe you shoudn't rush into any decisons and think it over some more?

Good luck with whatever you decide, but really you have already done well regarding that jacket!

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Saucerfiend... this is just my opinion but I think the fit of the jacket & sleeves is very good. I don't think the sleeves will ride up much with wear.
Other people have said it is minimal when it does happen... Wouldn't you risk the sleeves looking too long, if you get added sleeve length?

It is your descion of course if you want to sell that jacket for another. I have lost count the times I have read of dissapointed people who have purchased badly fitting jackets in one way or another. I really think that yours is a very good fit... maybe you shoudn't rush into any decisons and think it over some more?

Good luck with whatever you decide, but really you have already done well regarding that jacket!

Thanks, I really appreciate your kind advice and opinion. I'm really used to Goodwear's A-2 repros and the nice closed knit ends. Maybe that's part of the problem, getting used to an open end sleeve.

Brian

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Edward,
I agree, a zipper is better, but I don't ride a bike and I think the buttons give it a nice vintage look.

Brian

I know what you mean. In my understanding, zips weren't at all common on leather jackets much before the early Thirties; the buttons really do give it that 20s look. Also, they distinguish it that bit more from later styles into, say, the 70s which drew much influence from the thirties and whatever.

split

New in Town
I think you're right saucerfiend. The sleeves look a bit short. An inch or 1.5" extra length would make the difference. At least that is how i like my sleeves to fit. It will be more comfortable too, when it's cold! To bad it turned out this way. Good luck selling!

Michael

Edward

Bartender
Do insurrection not accept returns?

Oh... just clocked your location.... Yes, I can see why you'd be reluctant to send it back to the US. I would suggest before you let it go, take a lot of measurements off it - this will be helpful, along with your own measurements, later on when you want to put an order in to Aero. You should be able to order a same spec jacket direct from Aero...

Just a thought, though.... could Aero adapt the sleeves for you - maybe repalce the cuffs with a cuff piece that is just 1.5" longer? not sure if that would work out money-wise, but could be worth checking into if you're otherwise very pleased with the jacket.

NowOrNever

Familiar Face
Fedora Lounge as a resource...

Saucerfiend I will start by stating that I am not any kind of expert regarding leather, or even style! However I have learnt lots from just browsing & reading threads from the Fedora Lounge.

In regard to the sleeve length of your Aero "Stuart" it may be better to wait and gather more input/ opinions from people who own or deal with those jackets, than be too swayed by my opinion!
I was under the impression that although sleeves do shorten due to wear, it is a minimal amount. I could be wrong!!

There are many members of the forum who could advise you better than myself... I trust you will glean better wisdom from them in due course.

I have now seen photos you have posted of other jackets you have purchased. I particularly envy you the Goodwear A-2! :cool:

I think you have a good eye & feel for what suits you in clothing & ultimatley can trust your own judgement.

Regards.

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Do insurrection not accept returns?

Oh... just clocked your location.... Yes, I can see why you'd be reluctant to send it back to the US. I would suggest before you let it go, take a lot of measurements off it - this will be helpful, along with your own measurements, later on when you want to put an order in to Aero. You should be able to order a same spec jacket direct from Aero...

Just a thought, though.... could Aero adapt the sleeves for you - maybe repalce the cuffs with a cuff piece that is just 1.5" longer? not sure if that would work out money-wise, but could be worth checking into if you're otherwise very pleased with the jacket.

Edward,
I'm not in Somerset, UK, but in Somerset, NJ US. Insurrection will only trade for the same jacket-different size. Although they tell me the next size will be much bigger in the shoulders and body. I'll think about it for a while as many here say it looks fine. Maybe I just need to get used to this look. I actually think this length is probably right for the Stuart model. After all, it is a 20's halfbelt style. I know you have an Aero or 2. What do you think Edward?

Brian

Last edited:

HighandDry

A-List Customer
If you look at the pics of my Langlitz, the sleeves look exactly the same as yours http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?46442-Langlitz-Cascade&highlight=langlitz

Someone mentioned that the sleeves looked too short, but the sleeves when pulled down, came to my knuckles. It's just the design of the jacket that prevents the sleeves from riding past the wrist. I believe your Stewart might be the same. When you pull the sleeve past the wrists, where does it fall?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy