Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

USAAF A-2 DECAL

Hopalong

One of the Regulars
Does anyone know of anyplace that applies or would apply a USAAF Decal to the shoulder of a medium priced repro A-2 jacket instead of a person having to buy an Eastman or etc top of the line A-2 which you can buy with the USAAF Decal already applied? Mike

Lt GUSTL

New in Town
Servus from Vienna,

you can by a decal for yourself (e.g on ebay) & put it on the arm.
Here is a photo of an original decal on a Perry.

kindest regards :)

AAF_Decal.jpg

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
Applying the decal and fixing it on is then again something I'd like to hear more about. Like how to clean the underneaths, how to fix it (using lacquer is really a job I cringe though I've done something like that when I was younger)

PS. Gustl... whats with the hairy armpit?

RainLikeGravel

New in Town
Hey LtGustl, please give us an idea where to get those decals from - I found vinyl transfer decals en masse on the web, but not our blue AAF one. A link maybe?
Servus!,
Thomas

Lt GUSTL

New in Town
Servus from Vienna,

the blue colour of my decal is from a lighter darker blue shade.
The fair blue appearance is a result from the flash of my camera - SORRY. [huh]

For more information please visit at the "AAF patch" thread here.
Hope this will help.

kindest regards :)

Raymundo

One of the Regulars
Hopalong,

Applying a decal to the shoulder of an A-2 is very tricky. Usually, the decals are fragile and can tear apart or will not streatch out to a perfect circle. I tried twice to apply a USAAF decal to the left shoulder of my A-2 unsuccessfully. IMO, have it painted on for a little more money. It will look better and last. I would bet that the Mash kit is no cinch. Good luck.

Ray

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot