Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

V-neck but with a Collar too.

Doug C

Practically Family
Hey folks, back in the day I used to own a couple of casual shirts and one thin sweater from Armani that were both v-necked AND collared. I assumed these were inspired by vintage designs because that's what Armani was usually based on. They were trim fitting and basically like a "polo" shirt except for the v-neck instead of a placket and buttons. I think I've seen these types of shirts in old movies, does anyone know what I'm talking about or have any pictures in a vintage setting. Are these types of shirts still offered by anyone?

Doug C

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The design feature you describe is called a Johnny Collar. I can't tell you how long it's been around but there's plenty out there.

Doug C

Practically Family
Johnny Collar eh? OK, thanks for the info. Not much on the bay with that term.. I figure most of the world are probably as ignorant of that term as I am :( and are posting them with some other description (v-neck) [huh] , but thanks - I'll know what to keep an eye out for now.
Doug C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24